Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yair

CX-programmer File converter

8 posts in this topic

Hi In the past I was using Cx3.2 to converting file from siswin and Lss with no problem. After the conversion has been complete I could verify the program between the computer and the plc, then start Online edit . ("without" transfer the program from cx programmer to the plc) I could perform this operation by open Cx programmer go to Tools ->Options->general Than mark the compile tab _+__ Compatible with SYSMAC support Soft, SISWIN & SYSMAC-CPT. This option prevent cx compiler from adding unnecessary instruction like LD TR 0,ORLD, OUT TR0 you can see this in mnemonic (statement list) view. If I don't mark this tab I get few more steps in cx ladder program. I prefer not to stopping plc during operation and sometimes I can't stop the plc's at all But I would like to work with cx programmer witch is mach better then siswin Now to my problem. I'm using CX4.0 I have a machine with C200HS CPU31 with tow ASCII unit (see attach file 999.zip All project information) I would like to convert the siswin project *.swp to cx project *.cxt and then to *.cxp But there are too many differences. Note: 1) when I upload the program from the plc to cx programmer I get all program in one section. I tried to UN mark or mark the tab "Use section marker instruction" in (tools-> option-> PLCs ) and get the same result see attach cx_upload 2) I don't know the siswin version of the original file see attach 03feb99.swp Any suggest how to change the cx program to be compatible with the plc program Thanks everyone for help 999.ZIP

Instead of using the file conversion utility, open the syswin file directly into CX Programmer by changing the Open file type to .swp. The sections will be preserved. I also saved your memory file into the CX programmer project. 03feb99.cxp

Thanks Jay, I forgot to say that I already tried this option and the program doesn't mach to the plc. I think there is other way. If I would like to us cx I need to stop the plc and download the program to plc.

Once you download this program to the PLC one time, then you can do online edits.

Yair, i came across this little prob a couple of years ago... ie go to site the program has been written in Syswin previously upload into CX-Programmer directly, compare yep that works, online edit ok... But if i then go offline from the PLC and back on again if you do a compare, the programs don;t match... i found the problem to be that with cx-programmer at the end of each section it puts in a blank rung... The only way around was to upload to cx-programmer then immediatlly download... no prob's..

Thanks, Sleepy and Jay So we have to trust the cx file converter. 1) when going to site the program has been written in Syswin or Lss previously. ->upload program from plc ok ->compare program ok ->go offline click F7 (check programs compile ) ok -> go online ->compare program ->the program doesn't much to the plc program. But I know that my program has been much to the plc. I trust the cx programmer compiler ->download the program to plc, and forget about siswin/lss 2) My case -> Have the original project in siswin with symbols comment and rung comment -> Open the project with siswin -> Go online -> Compare program ok -> Open the project with CX -> Go online ->Compare program , the program doesn't much. -> Now I need to stop plc and download the program from cx to plc one time. But how can I know that the program has not been change during conversion? -> I don't know, I have to trust cx file converter. and save a copy of the siswin/Lss file in a safe place.

Have not had a problem with it yet. Have converted some 40-50 programs.

The only thing that i believe that CX-Programmer will add is the empty rungs at the end of each section.. the rest of the program will match. I could be barking up the wrong tree on this one, but it is an issue i came across back in version 2 of cx programmer.