Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indra

moving LICENECE MICROLOGIX500

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I have SOFTWARE MICROLOGIX500 taht already installed in my PC ( not notebook ) Is it possible to move the LICENCE from this PC to my notebook ? because the PC is not use anymore and I want to use notebook for troubleshooting AB PLC. If possible HOW TO DO IT ?

use your 3.5" Floppy and use the EVMOVE program.

HEy Indra, You can Use USB for the Same Download folliwing And Follow Steps. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=...mp;showfile=490 Important : RS Links Servicese must be Stopped. Good LUCK Edited by tushar.matrix

Two very good options already mentioned I'll recap and add a third. 1. Move Utility with Floppy 2. Move Utility and USB Stick 3. Setup both PC on a LAN and share the drive of one with the other. WARNING SHARING ROOT DRIVES ON INTERNET CONNECTED PS IS A MAJOR SECURITY RISK. Disconnect both PC from internet before sharing and transferring with this option.

If you have have a web licence, you cannot use floppy or usb (2 first option), don't know for BobLfoot option. You must use Factorytalk activation tool for do licence transfert.

Hi Guys, Thank you very much for all your help. I have tried to make EVMOVE but has got error message as attached. The disktte already no protected ( already moved the switch to OPEN ) What I have to do ? I also attached the 4 CD + 3 DISKETTE that I have. indra

Make sure you shut down RsLinx before you try, otherwise the license file on the PC is kept open and un-modifiable.

Indra , Try with new formatted floppy. Also before movieng licences. Do not forgot to Stop RS Links & RS Links enterprise from service manger.(Make them manual and then stop) So that licence in use error will not occur. Tushar, 9890357464

Hi, My problem about moving licence already solved. I just switch off the RSLINK icon on the lower right hand side then the moving licence done without error. thank you for all your help. regards, INDRA

Glad you solved your problem. P.S. - I deleted the two accidental posts with quote only. I hate it also when my browser doesn't do what I expect.