Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

Wonderware trends into CSV

8 posts in this topic

Hi, Does anyone know how to convert Wonderware .lgh files to csv files. I have posted on the Wonderware forum, but maybe some here could help me too. There is a Technote 91 regarding this, but I can seem to get it working. Thanks, Conor

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I would like to know myself.

Hi Servoscanman, I never got an answer to my question. I believe that if you have the WW Historian package you might be able to do it that way??

I have done it before, will have to look up how I did it though. It was using something like the wwhist tool or similar. I will have a look and post back when I find it.

Ok, so it was using the HistData utility. I had to create some scripts for filename/destination etc, but it did export the data into .csv format. I had to do this to 18months worth of data, to determine a pattern of a certain element, so involved a bit more scripting to auto-advance the current time window, then save the data & continue. If you need some examples, post back & will see what I can extract.
1 person likes this

I'm working on creation data transformation server from .LGH, .AEH, .IDX log files format to .CSV. It has to perform automated data extraction and convertation. I have only log files as an input uploaded on the server by ftp. What kind of software I need to setup on the server? What is the most simple and relevant way to do it? Note: I have no information about what data exactly is stored in .lgh files, how do I get field names? There is very few information about this data format on the web. Any suggestions, code samples etc. will be very appreciated.

So you have the saved log data in the .LGH, .AEH, .IDX formats? I had to do this again yesterday, so had to re-familarise myself with it. At best, you need to have Intouch running & the HistData utility, do you have either of these software applications? You will require the original application to get the tagnames and create the automatic extraction function. There may be a way without the original application, but I do not know of one. This helped me refresh what I had to do, if you need more help let me know & I can give some more specific details on what I have done. http://fa.sammicomputer.co.kr/TECH/html/using_hi.htm Edited by lostcontrol

As of June 2016, WorkSmart Automation has released a new product called LGH File Inspector for Wonderware InTouch.  LGH File Inspector reads .LGH files directly and can export the data to a Microsoft Excel worksheet interactively or automatically.

Some useful features include:

• Open and read LGH files through an intuitive user interface
  • Generate ad–hoc historical queries on the fly
  • Export data from LGH files to Microsoft Excel
  • Automate extraction of LGH file data
  • Quickly and easily generate reports in Microsoft Excel
  • Simplified process—LGH File Inspector doesn’t require HistData or Wonderware InTouch software to run
  • Very flexible licensing model

LGH File Inspector is sold through Software Toolbox.  Please visit Software Toolbox or email insidesales@softwaretoolbox.com for more information.

Edited by DanMeister