Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimdi4

Clearing Minor Faults in PLC with RSView ME

7 posts in this topic

I monitor the PLC processor battery condition through a GSV instruction. When the battery gets low the GSV flips on a bit to trigger an alarm to be displayed on the RSview alarm page...after the battery has been changed, (power on of course) the PLC still needs to have the minor fault reset... I want to reset this minor fault w/o grabbing a laptop and going to the PLC program and do it through the RSview me screen..... Any ideas? Thanks in advance Edited by jimdi4

Put the reset logic in the PLC and trigger it with a bit driven by a momentary button in the HMI.

I am using a alarm reset button from the HMI thats toggling a alarm reset bit (BOOL) in the PLC but that resets all of the alarms. What I need to know, but don't know how to do it, is to toggle that button...that says "Clear minors" when you go to In the controller organizer, right-click the Controller name_of_controller folder and select Properties. Click the Minor Faults tab. of the "Project" in contrologix project tree...At the very top... What is the address or Contrologix "system bit" for that "Clear Minors" button? Edited by jimdi4

I guess I can use a SSV to try to clear the fault... Thanks Again!

I am programming a GSV for the OBJECT named CONTROLLERDEVICE. This gets the physical harware STATUS of the controller. CONTROLLERDEVICE status bit still needs to be reset to clear the minor fault...I guess AB wants you to look at the Controller properties Minor fault log before you hit the reset button.... When I attempt to program a SSV instruction to try to clear the CONTROLLESTATUS object the Attribute status is not available, like it is for the GSV instruction....this is where I am stumped!!!...I am on the line waiting for Rockwell support as I am typing this...I will reply back with a solution if not anyone else who may have experienced this with a solution is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in Advance....

The CONTROLLERDEVICE object is more or the general status of the controller. The actual minor fault information and the ability to clear it is in the FAULTLOG object

Why I contact the Rockwell help goes beyond me but once again wasted time...No Help At all... Ok what i discovered is that the FAULTLOG Class name will be used. When FAULTLOG is used instead of CONTROLLESTATUS the MinorEvents and MinorFaultBits can be reset with two consecutive SSL instructions conditioned off the alarm reset MMI PB. This will reset the minor fault in the PLC but the CONTROLLESTATUS will not reset. So I removed the minor fault bit bit 8 from the CONTROLLESTATUS and just conditioned my Hardware Fault Alarm Output Bit to be conditioned by only the major fault bits 9 and 11. This is a messy cure because the AB software still has a bug in it rev 17, where the Minor Fault will reset and clear with a SSV but this doesn't clear the CONTROLLER STATUS bit 8 minor fault. To Reset CONTROLLER STATUS you need to flag another Minor fault such as yanking the battery temporarly, and then go to the 5000 plc software and reset the minor fault through the Controller properties....thats the only way to do it... Edited by jimdi4