Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grc

How to connect to the data memory

7 posts in this topic

I have a NT20M-DF121-V1 display with NT20M-LK203-EV1 interface connected to a C200H-CPU01 PLC. For some reason the display lost the program and we have no backup. The PLC program is working and we do have that backed up. All the display has to do is is set 6 timers and read one rotary encoder using a CT001-v1. I can see from the program that the timers use DM to store the setting as well I believe the CT001 does also. With the help from this forum I have managed to create data input screens and upload them to the PT. I am just stuck a bit with how to link up a data display field and a data input screen to the DM. Any help is greatly appreciatted. Thanks Geoff

Hi Geoff, I am not sure if the version of PT programming software you use is idenctical to the method described below (NTST software) so my apologies if this isn't what you are looking for. If you open the properties of the Numeric display or input object, you will see an entry for the Numeric table. You can open the table and in an empty line, specify e.g. D1 and optionally a name for the entry. The number of words is set to 2 by default if you apply the setting so this means the object will refer to DM1 and DM2 so if you only need to display one word set this column to 1. Depending on how the data is treated in the logic set the display method to DEC or HEX. for a timer or counter setting which is set through a DM this would be HEX. You can also display the PV of a timer (elapsed time) by specifying the timer number directly in the numeral table entry. I believe you need to enter T1 or C1, or TC1 I am not sure. Beware that timer and counter numbers are shared in your processor, meaning if you use timer number 1 you cannot use counter number 1 as well. Hope this helps, if not please post some screencopies of the software you are using.

Thanks for the reply. The software I am using is "NTM support tool V4.2" and old dos based one. I also found another DOS program "NT support tool V2.33" but couldn't find a manual so started using the other. Not sure which one is right for that old Vintage PLC. There is a spot where a table comes up but you can't enter any letters eg D1. I can't do a screen print as when I hit the print screen it just goes white, I'll be at another older PC in a bit so will try that. Is your software Windows? I see you mention open properties and that sounds like windows> thanks Geoff

Hi Geoff, Yes I am using NT Support Tool 4.8 which runs on Windows XP but I just noticed it doesn't program the NT20M, this model is too old. Unless you upgrade to a NT20S model you are stuck with the DOS software and I am affraid I can't be of much help there, I never used it. I know some other forum members have, so if you are patient I am sure someone will jump in and help you out further. Do you have the relevant manuals? V004-E1-2 NT20M-NT600M Support Tool V001-E1-01 NT20M Operation Manual

Thanks, Yes I have both. I'm just confused how you link to the DM in the PLC. There are some tables that come up when your making a data field display or a keyboard input field but I can't see any correlation between that and the different memory areas in the PLC. Once I get that I should be fine, I need to write to 5 DM locations for timer setting and 4 DM locations for position locations coming from a rotary transducer. Thanks Geoff

I've got the PT reading the DM in the PLC after seeing that there is a offset of 16 Memory table 0 =DM16 &DM17. When I do a print out from CX programmer of The DM I have. DM16 0 DM17 250 DM18 0 DM19 564 DM20 0 DM21 20 DM22 0 DM23 250 The above are in decimal When I display on the PT I get memory table location 0 160 which is 352 in decimal memory table location 1 234 which is 564 in decimal memory table location 2 14 which is 20 in decimal memory table location 3 160 which is 352 in decimal Memory table 1 and 2 are correct but what happened to memory table 0 and 3 they should be showing 250 decimal. How do I get the PT to display in decimal and not hex? Thanks Geoff

Its a long time ago working with NT screens for me. When I recall correctly, you can choose Hexadecimal or Decimal representation in your screen. And you can choose between Binary and BCD in your numeral table. Options options... Drove me crazy that days.