Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grc

NT20M - Memory not Formatted

5 posts in this topic

A Machine with a NT20M-DF121-V1 display with NT20M-LK203-EV1 interface connected to a C200H-CPU01 PLC hasn't been used for around three years. When it was turned on the display shows a "Memory not Formatted" error at the bottom. I've looked at the manual for the NT20 and it says for that error I have to initialize the screen data memory. We have no programs or screen data backup as this machine was bought used. I downloaded both the NTM4.2 and NT2.33 from this site with the hope that I can download the screen data before I initialize the screen data memory. What is the difference between these two programs and if can't recover the data can someone point me in the right direction to start to redo the screens? Also the battery measured 3.6 volts so not it should have held the memory. Thanks Geoff

I've tried to download the data, if any, from the PT using both the NTM4.2 and NT2.33 dos programs but when I press "Transmit Mode" on the PT nothing happens. Searching the forums I can't seem to find a manual for this software, only one broken link. Also while searching someone mentions about #6 on the DIP switch, I can try that tommorow. I wonder if the reason nothing happens on the PT when I press "Transmit Mode" is due to "Memory not Formatted" error ? Thanks Geoff

Here is the manual: V004-E1-2 NTSS V4.1 Support Software Manual @ MrPLC.com

Thats exactly what I am looking for. Thanks a million Geoff

After browsing the support tool manual I have been succesfull in creating and uploading screens into the PT, now I have to figure out how to create a couple of screens to get timer settings into the PLC program and also monitor a rotary encoder and input two values from it also into the program. The PLC has 4 - ID212 DC i/p modules on the left, then 3 - OC225 relay modules and then 1- CT001-V1 counter module. So from what I see my inputs 0.xx to 3.xx and my outputs are 4.xx to 6.xx and the rotary encoder is 7.xx. I was trying to find in the ladder diagram where the rotary encoder was tied to. I was looking for a input with 7.xx on it near the CNT block ( rung 36 ) but there is nothing. I wanted to hook a numeral display on the screen to it and watch it change as I move the encoder. I'm unsure how to connect a numeral display on the PT to a timer or a rotary encoder. Maybe I should try something simpler first like tying a lamp to a output. It looks like you have to address a memory table for the numeral display and a lamp number for the lamp. Here is the cxp file for the PLC 700ton.cxp I would really appreciate if someone could look at the file and give me a few ideas or point me in the right direction. Thanks Geoff