Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HiGhVoLtAgEgUrU

Wireless communication

6 posts in this topic

Guys I assigned a I.P to mx1100. I can see it on the screen of the mx1100. This is my local IP from my routher for ex. 192.168.1.101. my question is my laptop is also connected to the same routher wirelessly, but I have ethernet cable hooked from plc to the routher. When I run the Rslogix500 It doesnt recondnize it. But I can connect to plc using serial cable. Can someone tell me what i'm missing here. I really want to make this work. Thanks guys.

I did few project with wireless connection. You should use fix Ip adresse for plc. The Ip must be unique, don't use the same Ip for router and plc. Enter the same mask (for example 255.255.255.0). Connect plc in LAN port of the router, and connect your pc with wireless (you can use a unique static Ip or DHCP). Usually, I use DHCP for connect laptop on the network, it's faster and simple. So the network is mix (static: plc and router DHCP: computer) For test connection between plc - router - computer you can use the command window in the start menu -> RUN... . Type ipconfig for see you laptop Ip adress, type ping <plc Ip adress> for check connection. If you got ping timeout, the problem is in your network configuration (Ip adress, mask, cable) and if you got a good ping reesponse but cannot communicate with RSlogix, the problem is in RSLink configuration. RSLink: I figure out you know how to add a driver, you are able to communicate thru serial comm. Add AB ETH-1 driver. Then, right clic -> configure driver and add plc Ip adress (add HMI Ip if you use one) You should see you plc in RSWho. Have fun, I really appreciate wireless..

You have to configure RS-Linx, and do NOT use the Ethernet/IP driver. It is nice because it auto-configs but you can't program with it. Also, there is an issue with the number of "connections" in RS-Linx. You have to manually change the settings in RS-Linx if you want to be able to do online programming with the Micrologix series.

I agree with Paul, do not use EthernetI/P. Just use the Ethernet driver. Also, once you can see the 1100, you might still need to register the EDS for the ML1100. Check your version of Linx. Download page on KB has newer EDS files.

Thanks guys it worked, you know what I was wrong, I never configure the RSLinx. As soon as I put the I.P address in their and couple other things bamm there it was. Also when I got online right away it would fault out the plc. Major fault due to AWA, BWA something like that, Then somewhere I changed it to BBB then it worked. Can you guys explan what that is and how can I find it now.

You are referring to the catalog number. "AWA/BWA/BBB" is printed right on the side of the PLC in the catalog number. If you attempt to download to an incorrect processor usually it auto-detects this and asks you if you want to convert the program. AWA/BWA/BBB for ML1100 processors indicates the type of on board I/O (the combination of 120 VAC or 24VDC inputs and outputs). Look in the AB catalog (even on the web site) and it will clearly tell you which is which.