Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BenJones

E1101 + E-Designer

8 posts in this topic

Hi there, I'm using an E1101 panel and E-Designer. I have a setup using a 3G/HSDPA router and sim card with static IP address so I can use it for remote monitoring, (no LAN installed on remote site). Works nicely. I have also set up the eqipment to send me alarms via email (SMTP) which can be done in E-Designer, and this also works nicely. Does anyone know if there is a way to use E-Designer and the E1101 to send alarms with sms messages to phones ? Thanks, Ben

There is no direct way to do this. Some SIM operators have customized services for these kind of things, e.g. we used to have a service where we could send an e-mail to [phone-number]@[operator].no and this e-mail address would be interpreted as the phone number to send SMS to. (e.g. 12345678@telenor.no would forward the message to the phone number 12345678). Telenor is in this case the SIM operator, and they are offering the service itself. You might want to check out this with your SIM operator.

kaare_t has the method we use in the states too. Most cell phones have an email address. Since work turned off text messaging on our Blackberries but we can send emails, I email my wife's cellphone all the time. It looks like a text message, but when she replies it comes to my email.

Ben any chance of sharing your 3G router setup? I'm looking for an alternative to a Westermo modem - the end users seem to always unplug them.

Ah, ok. Doesn't look like it'll be too straightforward to do the SMSing then. I'll get in touch with the guys we got the SIM cards with staic IPs from (Wirelesslogic) maybe they can help. Hi Veganic, What do you need exactly ? The router I'm using at the moment is the Telewell TW-EA511. This is basically the cheapest available which does the job and has just dropped in price. Hasn't been military tested like the westermo ones (surviving being dropped out of a helicopter like my mitsubishi sales guy was trying to explain), but it does the job at £400 cheaper with a lot of westermo routers at about the £600 bracket. I bought mine from amplicon for £200, but I think you can get them even cheaper from the site below. http://www.telewell.fi/english/tuotteet2.php?tuote=11 http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/217569...l_TW_EA511.html Ben

To be honest I'm not too up on 'modern' telephone comms. On the broadest level, I want to plug something into an E1011 and have access to the PLC and HMI. I want to do this without using the end-users infrastructure, ie, via mobile comms. Other than that I'm clueless. How does this connect to a network? etc.

Ok, yes I see how to do it. Looks like I have to sign up withsomeone like these guys : http://ws.textanywhere.net/web/Products/textEmail.aspx '' TextEmail: Enables any registered user to send text messages from any email system by sending an email to <phone-number>@<textanywhere-domain.net>. We receive the email, verify the user, extract the recipient(s), subject and message body and send out the message(s). '' Not sure how much it costs but maybe there is a cheaper alternative. Inside my Telewell TW-EA511 3G router is also an SMS sending option. Where you enter the SMS centre number (+447785016005 for Vodaphone), my tel number and then press 'Send'. This doesn't seem to work and it's not explained in the manual. Will keep investigating.

Ok, well the E1101 comes with I think its REAL VNC (Remote viewing software). You need to set up the E1101 up as the server and your pc as the client (viewer). Unless LAN is available, you need a sim card with static IP address which plugs into your remote router (which is then connected to you HMI and PLC). You heed to create a network, and on that network is the E1101, the PLC and the router. I've also got a pc on it as well. I remotely log into that pc with windows remote desktop and use that computer to control the HMI and PLC. You will need to open certain ports on your firewall on your pc to allow you to see the HMI. (Need to open port 3389 to use remote desktop for example) You may need to configure the router (your westermo device) with ''port forwarding'' or ''port mapping'' as its sometimes called to allow you to see the remote devices. Takes a while to set up but its possible to do.