Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Cheung

FX2N-128MT and FX2N-128MT ES/UL

7 posts in this topic

Hi All, Anyone can suggest as below: We have existing plc FX2N128MT ES/UL which have some fail i/o. We would like to replace it. Unfortunately we have buy a FX2N-128 MT wihout ES/UL (maybe Japanse standard). The old connection is: s/s is connected to 0v. When we replace it to it, can not work. Is there anything we can do to make it work? Thank you

The difference between the 128MT and 128MT-ES/UL is the outputs, not the inputs. The MT is the Japanese spec, which has one type of transistor outputs. The ES/UL is the opposite type. So no, you cannot replace one with the other.

Actually there are no difference regarding outputs between FX2N-128MT and FX2N-128MT-ES/UL, both are NPN output type. The difference between them (MT and MT-ES/US) is the input, because the inputs of MT type (Japanese version) are only NPN input and the MT-ES/UL type can be configured to NPN and PNP (if you shortcut S/S to 0V you have PNP input, if you shortcut S/S to 24V you have NPN input). So if the old one has a shortcut between S/S and 0V you have PNP input type, then you cannot use the Japanese version, because this one has only NPN input type. I hope it can help you. Regards, Carlos

Or you can replace the faulty transistors. I have replaced many faulty output transistors and relays. It is not too hard to get to the I/O board, everything unplugs.

Per manual JY992D66301, section 6.3, the MT unit is Japanese spec with sink outputs, and the MT-ESS is sourcing outputs. They are wired completely differently. I see no MT-ES mentioned in this manual, only MT-ESS.

I attached a extracted pages from Hardware Manual of FX2N. These pages show the meaning of each letter. I attached also another part of hardware manual of the old FX, where you can find in details the meaning of the letters –ES. FX2N_HARDWARE_model_name.pdf Hardware_model_name_Serie_FX.pdf

Dear All, Thanks a lot for all your information. Best regards, Steve