Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KidPLC

Uploading program from GOT

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, Just jumping across from the AB forum for a quick question. I have no experience with Mitsubishi products however I have a machine that has the following compontents:- Controller:- 1. Melsec A2SCPU-S1 PLC x 1. 2. A1SD75P3-S3 Servo Card x 1. 3. Melservo MR-C20A Servo Amps x 2. 4. Freqrol A024 FR-A024-SO-4K-EC VVVF Drives x 2. Screen Display:- All are 1998 vintage. 1. A8GT-70GOT-TB Screen Display x 1. 2. A7GT-BUS2 Bus Interface Module x 1. 3. A8GT-MCA2MFDW Memory Cassette x 1. 4. A8GT-PW-EU x 1. The problem is with the screen display, the display is patchy and grainy with only a partial view of the image. I am making an assumption that the screen itself has failed. I have gone back to the orginal machine supplier to start to resolve this problem however I am presented with quite a few possible issues with replacment which in turn will cost more money. My question is this can the program simply be uploaded from the old screen display then re-downloaded to a new unit and away the system will run again??? I am getting feedback from the supplier that indicates the original programmer may need to be involve which equals plane flights and accomodation etc, etc. I don't want this to turn into a major costly exercise when it is not warranted. Some information on the ease of uploading and downloading to the screen display would be a huge help. Thanks

There is a free software available from www.meau.com to upload and download GOTs, including the ancient 800GOT series. Keep in mind that unit has been superseded by the A900GOT, which is also obsolete, and superseded by the GOT1000 family. You're dealing with some very old hardware here. Good luck finding a replacement 800GOT terminal.

Thanks for the reply Crossbow, what is the name of the software there is quite a bit listed there?

GOT Data Transfer Tool. It's also included when you purchase the programming package for the GOTs, which is called GT Works2. But GT Works2 does not support programming the 800GOT, just converting it forward to 900GOT or GOT1000.

You mentioned a free download earlier, I have looked high and low on the website you directed me to but I can't find it anywhere....could you give me some more direction please. Also if I am forced to move to a GOT1000 series unit because I cannot source a replacement GOT800 does the program conversion tool do a decent job?? or are there many in consistencies??

MEAU is the US subsidiary of Mitsubishi Electric, and www.meau.com is support for the Americas. You may be automatically redirected to a more local site. But if you can get there, go to Downloads and then Software. Select Industrial Automation and HMI in the hierarchy, it's there. I'll add it to the Downloads section here too.