Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
teal854t

2711-NM11 (256KB), 2711-NM13 (2MB) memory card

7 posts in this topic

I have 2711-NM11 and 2711-NM13 memory cards. I plugged to my laptop and couldn't see the drive. Do I need driver for it? Where can I get it? The memory card is for Panelview 1000. Thanks

2711-NM11 and 13 cards are linear SRAM cards. Here is a way to make them recognized for windows 2000 and XP Windows 2000 Work Around for PC Card SRAM and Linear Flash Linear Flash and SRAM Cards do not come with drivers, it has always been the OS vendor's responsibility to include support for these devices. Unlike previous versions of Windows, the Linear Flash and SRAM drivers traditionally included on Windows distributions are not included with Windows 2000. The following information explains a work around to get Windows 2000 to recognize and use Linear Flash and SRAM Cards. Be certain Windows 2000 has been upgraded with at least Service Pack 1 and the host hardware supports PC Cards. OEM installed Windows 2000 should not exhibit problems, but systems upgraded from older Windows versions may need confirmation that their hardware is compatible. Please note that Synchrotech provides this work around as a customer service and does not guarantee that will work with every system configuration. 1. During the Windows 2000 hardware setup process choose Display a list of known drivers... instead of Search for a suitable driver... 2. Select the category Memory technology driver 3. Select the M-Systems DiskOnChip2000 driver from listed manufacturer M-Systems Flash Disk Pioneers 4. Click Yes on the Update Driver Warning message, continue and click Finish to complete the setup process, click No from the restart Windows message 5. Access the Device Manager and highlight M-Systems DiskOnChip2000 from the category Memory technology driver (it has the conflict symbol) 6. Access the M-Systems DiskOnChip2000 and click Update Driver from the Driver tab 7. Choose Display a list of known drivers... instead of Search for a suitable driver... when the options appear 8. You should now have more default driver options, select the Centennial PCMCIA Memory Card driver from listed manufacturer Centennial Technologies, Inc. (other drivers may work, but the Centennial driver was used successfully in testing) 9. Click Yes on the Update Driver Warning message, continue and click Finish to complete the setup process, click Ok from the properties window then Yes from the restart Windows message 10. When Windows restarts, you should see a new drive letter and icon from "My Computer" or Windows Explorer Windows XP Work Around for PC Card SRAM SRAM Cards do not come with drivers, it has always been the OS vendor's responsibility to include support for these devices. Unlike previous versions of Windows, SRAM drivers traditionally included on Windows distributions are not included with Windows XP. The following information explains a work around to get Windows XP to recognize and use Attributed PC Card SRAM. It does not seem to work with non-attributed cards. Be certain Windows XP is up to date with the latest Service Packs and the host hardware correctly supports PC Cards. Please note that Synchrotech provides this work around as a customer service and does not guarantee that will work with every system configuration. 1. Insert the SRAM card into the PC Card slot 2. When the 'Hardware Wizard' appears, select 'Install from a list or specific location (advanced)' 3. Click 'Next' 4. Select 'Don't search I will choose the driver to install' 5. Click 'Next' 6. Scroll through the list of choice and select 'PCMCIA and Flash memory devices' 7. Click 'Next' 8. Double click 'generic' under the Manufacturer listing 9. Select 'Generic PCMCIA Memory Card' from the Model listing 10. Click 'Next' 11. Click the 'Yes' button when the warning dialog appears, to dismiss it 12. Click 'Finish' when the 'Completing the found new hardware wizard' dialog appears

IS this for a PV 1000 or PV 1000e there is a difference. The SRAM drivers he describes are for the "e" servies PV cards. Also note that you can read the PVD file from the card, but with 2K and XP I've never successfully laid down an updated PVD for transfer back to the "e" terminal.

Thank, 2711-NM11 works, it is made by Centennial Technoligies and found the driver. 2711-NM13 did not work, it is made by Intel Series 2-02. Couldn't find driver for it. Tried generic driver and showed the new drive for it but when I clicked to that drive (drive E), came up with drive does not exist. Tried formatting it and the same. Edited by teal854t

Just a quick thought about the NM13. Use it in a PV first and see if you can read the file teh PV lays down. Just a swag.

Plugged it to PV and see the memory card. It is a card new. Tried formatting it does not work.

Infant mortality - get a replacement from your AB Distributor. For free if you're sharp enough negotiator.