Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoHoCA

Motorola MOSCAD/Toolbox versions

2 posts in this topic

We inherited a SCADA system which uses Motorola MOSCAD-L hardware for RTU/store & forward operations. It uses "Toolbox" software for configuration and logic programing. Toolbox version 8.50, which runs on Windows 2000, supports up to 41 zones on a radio link. For example, radio links 1/1 through 1/41. Toolbox version 9.50, which we use on our WinXP laptop for configuration, only supports 9 zones on a radio link. For example, 1/1 through 1/9. It poses a problem when the field system operates on many zones but the software only supports the first 9 zones. Can someone explain to me why Motorola appears to have migrated their product by reducing the capabilities of the radio network? Is there a support number at Motorola that will assist users of their products whose support contract has long since expired?

I belive 9 steps of S&F are more than enogh. and I dont belive radio communication can support more than 9 stages. Any way you can use Radio 2 zones and link it into Radio1 zones via other CPU using RSlink between 2 cpus