Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tommu56

ERROR: Step at rung 9 (6, 0) - Too many inputs for output instruction, check mnemonics

5 posts in this topic

I broke up one long section of code in to more manageable sections and i get this error when I compile project. "ERROR: Step at rung 9 (6, 0) - Too many inputs for output instruction, check mnemonics" here is mnemonic paste of that rung I just cut and pasted it in to another section in ladder LD SOLMINUS34 ANDNOT HR13.00 LD SOLMINUS21 AND HR13.00 ORLD TIM 037 #0002 here is another "ERROR: Step at rung 17 (6, 0) - Too many inputs for output instruction, check mnemonics" LD PEMINUS21 TIMH(15) 042 #0020 ANDNOT SOLMINUS30 LD 17.01 thanks in advance for the help tom

Tom, It appears that the timmers should be the outputs in each case. If this is true, then the extra ORLD is the problem in the first case and TIMH 042 should be at the end of the second case.

Thats what I thought but it was correct in ladder compiled it and came up that way ? Software didn't brake networks in the correct position. I had to modify the program for some additions we were adding and I just did it on line and it went ok. Off line would have been easier and quicker for machine down time but when you are old and have old equipment it just takes longer. tom

Figured it'd be easier to piggyback on an old thread... I am having a similar issue and can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Using mnemonic within a block program as I've done for years, but now need to add another level of logic within the block. Original code only had the "SET ,IR1" -- now I have added the additional index register reference "LDNOT ,IR2" compiler errors: ERROR: Step at rung 22 (0, 3) - Too many inputs for output instruction, check mnemonics ERROR: Step at rung 22 (0, 7) - Too many inputs for output instruction, check mnemonics mnemonic: MOVR(560) DHF1_01_TO IR1 MOVR(560) DHF1_01_GRP IR2 LDNOT ,IR2 SET ,IR1 LOOP(809) EXITNOT(806) DHF1_GRP_CLOSE_KEEP LDNOT ,IR2+ SET ,IR1+ TIMW(813) 0083 GRPRELTMRVAL LEND(810) DHF1_GRP_CLOSE_DONE BEND(801) ideas?

Welp... nevermind I guess... I implemented this in another way -- I guess I'll avoid using BPRGs