Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sarvan

Help - Communication between FX3U & Q-Series

2 posts in this topic

Hello Guys I am using two Mitsi PLCs - 1 Q-Series & 1 FX3U. The FX3U is in a remote location monitoring a level and sending it back to the Q PLC. FX3U communicates with the Q PLC via a leased line using TD-36 Westermo Modems at each end. I am really confused about setting up the comms as both of them use different protocols. Also some instructions like MSG cannot be used with a FX3U. I am using GX IEC Developer 7.01 and hope to use RS2 instruction in FX3U to send the data. The FX3U is connected to the modem by a serial link RS-232. I am using FX3U-232-BD board, configured Ch1 as follows: Protocol - Non-procedural DataLength - 7 bits Parity - Even Stop bit - 1 bit Speed - 9600 H/W type - Modem/RS-232C Transmission - Form1 (without CR,LF) I am not sure if this will work. On the Q PLC, there is a QJ71C24-R2 Module that reads data from the modem at that end. I would appreciate any suggestions/advice. Thank you. Note: See attached jpeg file for system architecture.

Hi! None of the PLCs have the "Master" protocol (the one that actually polls data) in these cards, so this causes some problems for you. I see you want to use "Form1", which is a Mitsubishi protocol, the problem is that both these cards only have the Slave function implemented (they only work as a server, waiting for a client -master- to poll data from them). If I were you I would purchase a QJ71MB91 (Modbus RTU) card for the Q PLC, and simply set this up as a Modbus Master. Then you can use the Modbus Slave function block in the FX3U for the 232-BD card. Another option is to use fixed buffer/No-Protocol between the PLC's but then you'll have to do some more programming (all in all, I think that the QJ71MB91 will be a less expensive solution since you will cut down on development time). If you still wan't to use Fixed Buffer/No-Protocol, you'll have to set up NoProtocol in the serial cards (check bit-pattern in the correct buffer memories/switch settings), and then you can just send whatever data you would like.