Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nguyenthanhcanh

FX2N Communication Modules

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I want to built a SCADA system with about 12 PLCs - FX2N and one A2AS CPU, a computer connect to these PLCs I'm not sure what FX2N adapter or module for communication can be used for FX2N system: 1. Communication module FX2NC-485ADP + Interface Adapter FX2N-CNV-BD or 2. Interface Adapter FX2N-485-BD The system aslo has a PLC A2AS CPU, so what communication adapter or module can be used here? I'm hearing from you. Thanks

Hi. FX2N PLC: You can basically choose if you want to use the 485BD or the 485ADP (with cnv adapter). 485ADP with cnv adapter will be more expensive, but note that the 485ADP card have a better spec regarding cable length: FX2N-485BD: 50m FX2NC-485ADP: 500m A2AS PLC: A1SJ71UC24 card

If you're connecting to a PC, also keep in mind Ethernet. The FX2NC-ENET-ADP (which requires the FX2N-CNV-BD) can be used on the FX2N PLCs for connection to a PC (not for networking the PLCs to each other). And there are Ethernet modules available for the A2AS as well, though off the top of my head I cannot come up with the part numbers.