Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest conormccormick

Application error in GPPWin

7 posts in this topic

I'm getting a 'Insufficient Memory. Close other applications and assure that sufficicient memory is avaliable. <ES:0180800a>' error message from GPPWin when connecting to a Mitsubushi ACPU. I've reinstalled the software and no other applications are running. The laptop is runs WinXP and is a good spec so there should be enough memory. Has anyone ever seen this error before?

conormccormick What version of GPP you have? What do you consider "good spec"? So how much RAM memory do you have and how much of it is free? How much free space is on your harddrive? To check free ram, rightclick on task bar and open task manager. Click on Performance tab. You should see something like [Physical Memory (K)--------] Total_____________520000 Available_________320000 System Cache____112500 What numbers do you have? You also wrote that you tried to reinstall software. Can you explain what exactly did you do? (Uninstal, delete remaining files by hand, clean registry, reboot, fresh install...).

I too am getting this error and I have over 1 Gig of RAM, I got it to work once, but I can't seem to get it to work again.

I've seen such errors too on PCs with little RAM (256Mb or less) or when lot's of programs are running so RAM is consumed. did you run any utility to check RAM?

Are you are talking GPP-Win here - the forerunner to GX-dev? I often had problems with A series PLC's with gpp-win. In fact transparent mode through an HMI was a nightmare, sometimes took several attempts to transfer the program. I never had any problems with gppwin and FX models - always A series. If I remeber correctly, I used 'compatability' mode in XP and changed it to win95 mode and it then worked ok. It cant hurt to try Edited by Goody

personnaly i used GPPwin ! now it is GX developper V6 and V7 GPPwin can have some problems when you had some video codecs in your computer. i had the same problem and it was a bad software who done conflict with GPP. i often use GXdevelopper for A173, Q25, A2AS cpu and A273 CPU. so, take this way, it was my case for this problem. @+ fred sorry for my english, i'm french :

Dear all, I have ever met this stages . I tried two computer difference but still cannot connect to A2A CPU. I also tried with 5 CPU A2A difference but still cannot . I think only have a reason is port communication of A2A series fault ! Thanks and best regards. Lam