Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tommu56

gx iec developer rebuld project error

4 posts in this topic

I'm new to the mitsi thing I have a program for a system and when I rebuild project I get an error I couldn't find any thing in manual Error: C5044 Invalid name: unexpected characters '-' after name it opens a window in red with the text Enable_Ac-Drives I'm sure the minus sign should be underscore how do you change it? Second question in the tree there are red Astrix's and when i expand tree header is black but the other stuff is grayed out. Question 3 security level 0-7 if i click properties on a file in tree it is set to one (grey again) the project thing is set to 0 and were do i change it if i have to tom

Hi! Not sure if I understood everything, but I think that your main problem is your security level (see 3). After checking that I'm pretty sure that 1 & 2 will be easy to figure out. 1. You can change the name in the header of the selected POU, or in the Global_Vars if the variable is a global one. 2. Red asterix means that the POU is not compiled, or part of the output code - you can verify this by removing one of the POU's from the Task_Pool, compile, and then you'll see that the specific POU will have a red asterix (and is not part of the compiled code). 3. When you enter "Properties" on POU's ("files" in the project tree), you can only change the security level within the same level you are actually "logged into". To change your current security level go to "Project->Change Security Level". There you can change to a higher level and you will be able to select other levels under the properties page for the different POU's (or files).

Thanks I used the find and replace to make correction and had to go to function block and make change then it compiled properly I understand # 3 but is the lower the number on security more accessible?

Higher numbers are "super-users", lower numbers are "users".... So if you "log in" to security level 7, you have the most access.