Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob O

Screen Colors for a distributed application

4 posts in this topic

I developed some screens in FT SE for a distributed application on my desktop at work and they look great but when viewing them on other computers [The server and one of the clients] they look honorable color wise. I have never worked on a distributed application so I never had to concern myself with this. What do the rest of you do to keep the screens looking the same as the developed ones or what am I doing wrong? Thanks

I'll let the FT experts and Power Users answer this for sure, but if I had to guess the colors in your screens are somehow tied to the chosen windows color scheme rather than absolute pigment references. Having said that I am not sure how to change it.

The colors selected in FTView should be absolute, I'm not sure how to force it to use 'System Colors'. The differences you are seeing are probably more due to the hardware settings on the various computers. Different backlighting types, different 'Color Profiles', 'Temperature' settings on the video card and/or Monitors.

It might even be something silly like the windows screen properties are set to a lower colour depth. If they are 8bit, you won't get the same range of colours as if you had 32bit.