Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexpersson

Version control software with GX IEC Developer

3 posts in this topic

Hi As we all know, using GX IEC Developer, it uses alot of temp files and stuff that really isnt necessary. I am now trying to use GX with Subversion(a Version Control software) and would now like to know a few things. 1) Does anyone have any experience with Subversion and GX IEC Developer(7.x) 2) Does anyone know what files are useless in te GX folder. When i say useless i mean useless to keep version history of. I have located a few of my own. The LRUboxes.SYS and the WORKSPACE.SYS is only usefull on my computer and my colleagues dont need that info. Does anyone have a log on what all of the files in the GX folder is used for since i cant find it. Thanx for this. I am quite new at this so i need all the help ic an get. /Alex

It's always been hard to do version control with GX IEC, and the "best" solution I've found is simply to use version numbers in the folder name (the project folder). The best answer I could give you right away would actually be to "wait until GX Works" is released. GX Works has a built-in version control, and will hopefully be released in Europe/English after the summer.

Yeah i thought about waiting but i dont think i have the patience. Well i will try subversion out for a while and see. I think it has potential but i also think it will cause some trouble since it will probably result in some corrupted files and users that handle the software incorrectly since it will want to update files that hasnt been changed. Anyone else?