Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darkogorgievski

Simulation of analogue inputs in Quantum

5 posts in this topic

Hi to all I am working on my very first Quantum project with Unity Pro. So far I have managed to solve all my troubles but tis one i can't by my self. I am conected to the PLC (Hot standby CPU 671 60 with one non redundant I/O rack) and I am running the program. I have many around 20 AI and i want to simulate them. I have seen that in the manual of the Unity I/O management library there are function blocks that can be used as simulation for the inputs so I wanted to make a section with the simulation of the AI's. I have tried to simulate analogue value like this (I am using FBD editor): 4000 -> WRITE_INPUT_INT -> %IW1 The value of %IW1 stays zero after run. I need to simulate several sensors at once, but the i have limited loop calibrators and I would prefer not to change the original code too much. I am also using the ACI040 function blocks to configure the analogue inputs, but i dont think that it makes difference because I have tried with disabling the section with ACI040 and the value of %IW1 does not change. Has anyone used this function? If so I would appriciate some help Regards Darko

The Instruction have to be before the function that uses the simulated input. The best method is putting it at the beginning of the scan, so it is overwriting the reading of the AI. Hope it helps, Robert

Actually, I have tried to make a section that is first in the section tree (so I suppose that it will execute first) but it did not work. Now I have changed that section ("simulation") to write to the tags that I have mapped to the analogue inputs and made the section that is reading form the real analog inputs ("AI_Update") to run on a condition (if the simulate bit is 0). I have also made a screen that I can use for simulation. Of course, I plan to remove the simulate section at the end. This solves my problem for now. The other thing that I would like to say is that this is my first experience with Unity. Before this, once I have worked on PL7 from Schneider PLC's. I can say that I am impressed with the capabilities of the software. This is the best one I have used so far (I am not talking here about the price, i dont know it my company has the licence). I reccomend it to anyone.

You must delete input module with %IW1 register from configuration.

Thanks Leon. I will try this some other time. I have already made separate sections for simulation and real values and the test goes fine. Regards Darko