Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dsc

modbus communication for Omron 3G3FV

15 posts in this topic

Dear all, I need to wrote a pc communication program to link to many Omron inverter model: 3G3FV-A4040-CUE As we know it was running in modbus but I need the further detail on the parameter access and programming. I tried to search google for it manual, but only manage to find the old version manual which doesn't have any communication option. From the searching, it seem that this FV series parameters is different from other series, so the other model communication way were not the same. Anybody have the manual for it? Thank you.

The 3G3FV drive communications memory map is the same as Yaskawa GPD 515 drive. You can find it at MrPLC download section. GPD 515 Modbus RTU Technical Manual There are many Modbus RTU gurus here at MrPLC.com who would be willing to show off their prowess. Feel free to come back for advice.

Thank for your help but unfortunately, its communication setting o2-o9 = 2 (europe spec). So the memory mapping descriped in your manual doesn't fit. Any idea to deal with those 3G3FV with setting o2-9 = 2.

hI, Google the web for the OMRON I516-E1- * manual. I am not sure but revision 4 is the last one. As I recollect well, that it is 2-wire ( memobus comms ,modbus derived) for this inverter. the last series had the comms added. regards, MPM Edited by MPM

As i told in my first post, i only manage to google for old revision manual of this drive (I516-E1-03) which doesn't have any communication. I believe all modbus is the same, now the issue is memory location mapping which is differ.

Are you certain that the mapping is different? o2-09 is the Initilization Mode Selection. In the past, this usually has changed some of the settings that are made when you do an initilization of the inverter. I would strongly suspect that the Modbus register mapping does not change when the Initilization Mode Selection changes.

Thankyou, this one is not 100% correct, but combining information with others drive communication, i already got the correct mapping. Thanks again.

Well, if it is not correct, could you share the corrections with the community?

Ok, but i must say firstly i didn't use all of those memory map, only partially, so i share some of my study found. There might be others which is not correct too. The document you gave is almost complete on the memory mapping which reg 0 = control and reg 1 = frequency reference for o2-9 = 2. But the bit configuration is wrong on reg 0: In your document Register 0000h (R/W): Bit 0 0=STOP 1=RUN forward Bit 1 0=FWD 1=REV Bit 2 External input 1 Bit 3 External input 2 Bit 4 External input 3 Bit 5 External input 4 Bit 6 External input 5 Bit 7 External input 6 Correct one should be: Bit 0 Run Forward Bit 1 Run Reverse Bit 2 External Fault Bit 3 Fault Reset Bit 4 ComNet Bit 5 ComCtrl Bit 6 Digital input 3 Bit 7 DIgital input 4 Bit 8 DIgital input 5 Bit 9 DIgital input 6 Bit 10 DIgital input 7 Bit 11-15 Not use

Thanks, I will make a note in the documentation regarding European version.

Hello, looking for this document.

Is it possible for you to share it?

". Modbus Hex Registers for all 3G3FV parameters. 3G3FV_Modbus_Hex_Registers.pdf 3G3FV_G5_Parameters.xls "

I hope to hear from you.

//Kavvis

@Kavvis:   @Jay Anthony provided the requested document and I fixed both links in the post above, just in case you also want the Excel file.  The links were messed up a while back when the site was updated and have to be repaired one at a time manually.  Please continue to let us know if you spot one that is no longer working.

Thank you for now. I will work with this and comeback.