Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biglam106

SERVO MOTOR

5 posts in this topic

hi everyone ! can you tell me how to calculate the number of pules for servo motor R7D ? what do we rely on to set up the number of pules?( maybe , relying on axis of servo or experience ) i look forward to hearing from everyone thanks everybody once again

1. The top DIP-switch in SW position means the drive is configured by DIP-switches. Set pulses per motor revolution by DIP-switches 500/1000P/R and x10/x1. Possible settings are: 500, 1000, 5000, 10000. 2. The top DIP-switch in PRMTR position means the drive is configured by programming "electronic gear" G1, G2 parameters. Software and cable required to read or modify the parameters. [Pulses per motor revolution]=4*[Encoder resolution]/(G1/G2) See the motor specification for the encoder resolution; most probably 2000. In both cases the drive power must be cycled to apply new settings. Edited by Sergei Troizky

hi you i don't understand your idea very much now, i use the first in this case 500 p/r means if we set up 500 pules , servo will turn 1 over now i want to move 10cm, how many pules do i set up ? should we rely on feedback from encoder ? sorry my english is very bad

No. PLC typically cannot read the servomotor encoder value. As long as the drive is enabled and not in error (watch its alarm output), it is supposed to perform expected positioning. You may want to use signal from the drive positioning completed output. You can also add your own encoder for confirmation, if you wish. See also this: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=12125&hl= Edited by Sergei Troizky

It depends on your machine. Calculate the transmission from the motor to the final motion, to discover how many cm is one motor turn so, i must know following parameters : • Deceleration rate • Ball screw pitch • Pulley diameter, etc. but, i dont know how to know "Ball screw pitch" maybe omron gives us it or we must use screw pitch gauge i attached picture , do you think about it , can you explain for me thanks