Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thebhoy11

Telemecanique TWDLCDA40DRF

26 posts in this topic

I have just received information regarding a job I have to change from a siemens s7200 to a Telemecanique TWDLCDA40DRF. I also have to change the HMI to a XBTGT2330. Im wondering what type of software I can use for this. I have PL7 and XBT L1000 but I have never programmed with them before. Will this software do me or will I have to change? Any help welcomed, thanks

Hi, For the plc you need either Twidosoft or Twidosuite. For the HMI you need Vijeo Designer. Twidosuite is free, you can download it here : http://www.download.schneider-electric.com...group10~EN& For Vijeo designer you will have to give a few €€€ :) JC Edited by acpi

Hey there, what leads are required to program the PLC and HMI mentioned above?

I'm sure the part numbers for the programming cables can be found in the brochures which are available for download from Telemecanique.

You may choose the most suitable RS485 cable to connect Twido Port mini-DIN to XBTG Com: XBT Z9018 = SubD9 <--> mini-DIN XBTZ9780 = RJ45 <--> mini-DIN XBTZ9782 = RJ45 <--> mini-DIN XBTZ968 + XBTZG909 = mini-DIN <--> SubD25 <--> SubD9 XBTZ9681 + XBTZG909 = mini-DIN <--> SubD25 <--> SubD9 In order to connect and program Twido PLC: TSXPCX1031 = RS232 SubD9 <--> RS485 mini-DIN (programming Twido and linking Twido to XBTG) TSXCUSB485 + TSXCRJMD25 = USB <--> RJ45 <--> mini-DIN (programming Twido) To programming XBTG2330 you could easily programm it via Ethernet You might again add the Ethernet option for Twido and connect all via Ethernet 499TWD01100 My suggestion is TSXPCX1031 (if you have serial port on your PC otherwise you need an USB cable converter too)

Where can I get information on how to program a TWDLCDA40DRF PLC and an XBTGT2330 HMI. I have never programmed Telemecanique before?

You can try one of the applications guide from Schneider web site. Try this link: http://www.schneider-electric.com/corporat...p_range_id=533# Go to downloads, then Tech Publications look for: Twido with Lexium05 and XBTG2330 Twido Bundle simple machines, applicative files Twido Bundle simple machines, startup guide / Bundle Twido machines simples, guid … You will find the latest TwidoSuite version and manuals. The programming software for XBTGT series are not free, so please contact a Schneider distributor to purchase it.

My problem here is that I have a PLC and HMI which are programmed in siemens and because the customer has requested it, it must be changed to Schneider to tie in with their other machines on site. From this point of view it should be fairly simple, as all I have to do copy the siemens program to schneider except I have never used schneider before and havent a clue how to put my program together. I am using a TWDLCDA40DRF with Input card TWDDDI8DT and Analog card TWDAMI2HT and HMI XBTGT2330. The HMI and PLC are connected through a serial cable. Any help or programming manuals available would be much appreciated for PLC and HMI programs. I have the software for both but am having real difficulty using them.

Did you try the bundles above? These are application examples step-by-step with screen shots. If you have programmed Siemens, you will not have difficulty with twido. The address system are the same %Is.c, %Qs.c, %IWs.c, %QWs.c, (s= slot, c=channel) , %MW, %MD, %MF, %M for memory access. The mathematical operations are all done with the operations block and you will use it just like excel spreadsheet %MW100:=%MW500 * %MW501 The other operations are the same: normally open and close contacts, coils, timers, counters, etc. In Brazil, Schneider offers on-line free training courses, it seems that US does offer these trainings in this link: http://www.syberworks.com/squared/index.htm Try to look at you country web-site to see if they have it.

I have been able to start the plc program ok but I am having difficulty with the Hmi. What other Manuals are there on the Hmi to help me do simple things like put in a button or assign tags. The help tab givens sum info but surely there is more available than this. My hmi is a Magelis XBTGT2330 and im using Vijeo Designer v4.6.0.7613. Any help would be great thanks

Try this User Guide from Schneider. The HMI example starts on page 41. The example uses ModBus TCP, but you can use it as a base. It shows how to setup the network and add the tags. It has a lot of screen shots of Vijeo Designer. I hope it can help you. Twido_and_Lexium_Magelis_and_Advantys_EN.pdf EXP_UNC_Twido_and_Lexium_Magelis_and_Advantys.zip

Sorry to be a complete pest henrique, but im still having difficulty creating buttons between screens. There are no real examples of how a button is created then used as a jump to another screen. Any info you could give would be great!

You can use the switch to navigate through screens or panels in Vijeo Designer. Insert a switch, chose panel in operations, then change panel or previus panel, click add. I prepared 3 slides to show you the step-by-step. Change_Screen_Vijeo.pdf

Thanks again Henrique, this information has been invaluable to me.

How do I know when my HMI and PLC are communicating. I have an XBT Z9780 cable between them and have made the HMI the master and the plc address 1. My com light is flashing but my tags dont appear to be working. How do I know if my comms are ok. Is there any e.gs out there to work from. On powerup it is telling me "no reply from plc within timeout period and an exclaimation mark (!) is over all of my numeric displays.

Since you are new with Twidosuite, please take a look on the slides that I attached to make sure that you did the correct configuration for Twido. Also, make sure that the HMI Modbus protocol is configured with the same parameters than twido. Another reason for the error is when you try to read or write a variable that is not configured in the user program in twido. If you are using Quantum addresses (4xxxx and 3xxxx) instead of the IEC61131 (%MW), be sure that you are not trying to write to 3xxxx addresses. Anyway, I recommend the use of the IEC61131 addresses for Twido, the configuration will be simpler. You may want to import(link) variables from the twido project. In Vijeo Designer, Right click on Variables, choose link variables...., on type choose Twido Suite Files, find your software the link the variables that you want to control/view on your HMI. If you want to monitor the communication staticts, take a look on the help system "5.3 Collecting Driver Statistics" or go to index and search for @sys:X If you don't want to create a screen to monitor statistics, you can access the configuration screen using a Switch: on Operation choose System, then Configuration, click ADD. Or configure the target to open the configuration screen when you touch the corners of the HMI, to do that, use the ToConfiguration parameter on your vijeo designer project. Configuring_Twido_ModBus_Network.pdf

Thanks so much again Henrique I got comms upand going. Is there a simulation mode in twidosuite I can use to simulate my code and check if it can all work ok. My plc is a Twido TWDLCDA40DRF.

In programming mode, there is a "S" in the bottom right corner. TwidoSuite will act the same way it would do for a connected hardware. To force the I/O's, click on the little box with the name of the CPU that will be shown. To simulate other things, use the option “Manage animation tables” that will be shown on the rigth. Add the variables that you want to modify and monitor. Unfortunately you can't connect TwidoSuite and VijeoDesigner in simulation mode. I'm doing this observation, because you can do that with Unity Pro (the programming software for another family of Schneider PLCs), configuring VijeoDesigner to use the local machine IP address 127.0.0.0

Hello everyone, I have a problem when i try to connect Twido TWDLCAE40DRF and Citect.I use ethernet port how to connect Twido and Citect by using direct driver. In citect I can not import the *CSV file that i have created from twidosuite. the error: "Operated has failed" thanks

Hello World, I'm trying to connect my Twido TWDLCAE40DRF and Labview. I have the modbus free library by NI to Labview, but I dont know how use it with TwidoSuite. Labview read/write over 000001, 100001, 3.. etc, and TwidoSuite over %MWi How I communicate them? PD Sorry for my english, i'm learning now.

Who is the Master?? You must choose only one master of the network..the other one will be configurated as a slave. In order to read bit and words and associated object see below: Modbus function 01 for reading 000001 -> %Q and %M Modbus function 02 for reading 100001 -> %I Modbus function 04 for reading 300001 -> %IW Modbus function 03 for reading 400001 -> %MW If you need to use the twido as master you have to program the EXCH function