Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
igeorge

Excel and cx supervisor

3 posts in this topic

I have defined in cx one Bool point which is input type dde. I have Excel linked to my file and colect some data. Based in this data I calculate the value of that point if is true or false. I get the right anser, but in cx  I dont see any change. I have a field which is supposed to change the colour if  the point is true or false. nothing happened. I put that poit to be updatede in 500 ms interval. I need haelp server=excel topic=pcs.xls name=st1g point name= st1g type =bool i/o=input i/o attribute=DDE dde atribute=read only ole atribute=read only the excel file works fine with the integers for calculating data, just this point does not update to change the colour

Try changing it to the following: point name= st1g type =bool i/o=input/output i/o attribute=DDE

Thaks Jay for your constant help and contribution . I just found today that there is a bug in CX Supervisor. The folowing situation did happened: Excel reported the answer to my condition IF as "true" or false". CX sup. does not understand the words true or false. It just take 0 or 1. The solution is to force Excel to reply with 0 or 1 and the supervisior it will read it normal as an input point. example IF(A>B,"0")  or IF(A For this particular case I used 0 and 1 and the supervisor treat them as an boolian answer. ION