Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldgearhead

S7-200 Newbie Needs Help, Please!

3 posts in this topic

I can do everything, but download with the following set-up: PC= Win2K (with all Windows Updates) Application= Micro/WINN 3.2 4.27 Cable= Brand new S7-200 USB/PPI Multimaster Cable or Kable Target= CPU 214 REL 01.01, Address 2, at 9.6 kbps 1) Upload, Clear Memory, and Com tests all are working fine. 2) Programs Compile with no errors. 3) Download attempts result in "This Feature not supported by CPU" error in DownLoad Dialog Box. The output window displays 0 errors until dialog box is closed, then it displays 'Download Failed'. This is my first experience with the S7-200. Therefore, I assume I'm doing something wrong. However, I've searched a lot of Siemens resources, and can't find an answer. Help, anybody, help! I filled out one of the Siemens Support email trouble forms, yesterday. How long is there response time? Thank You, thank you very much, JRS

Well, thanks to Rob on another forum, my question has already been answered in Siemens FAQ #17581314: -901- kables will not support download to 212 & 214's below REL 1.10. How's that for backward compatibility? Anyone want to trade an old cable for a new kable?

Sure... I've got a couple of each in my classroom... But mine are all Serial to PPI, there was no old USB cable. Edited by Crossbow