Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
success

RSView ME 2.0 RAC6182

4 posts in this topic

I am an PLC engineer in a pharma company. we have received a second hand machine which has slc 5/05 connected to RAC6182 through ethernet(catalog number 6182-bgbaac). The problem is. mimic in RAC6182 is not communicating with PLC and i doubt lan card. we need to put this machine in working condition as soon as possible. so i tried to copy the temp files (~MER) in RAC6182 through PCMCIA card and found that TAG folder does not exist. Is RSView ME version 2.0 file structure entirely different from other versions. I dont have software for RSView ME 2.0. I have version 5.0 with us, and from the temp files i extracted graphic and image data. My question is how can we extract Tag data from these files. We didnot recieve any backup cds or files and the company which supplied the machine is not at all cooperative. can any body show me a way so that i can retrieve the tag details and make new hmi configuration and load it into pv+600 which i have. Also i want to know is there a way to see passwords for users in this data.

It is only possible to recover the tags (ME 4.0 and earlier) if you are using the same desktop computer thate created the MER. That is an unlikely circumstance (ie. would have accidentally deleted the computer development project, but had the MER). It doesn't sound like you have access to that original computer. So no, it is not possible to recover the tag database from a ME 2.0 MER file. You may be able to copy the user data file (accounts) into the new application folder structure and view it that way. But my guess is that will only work within RSView ME Studio 2.0 (not the current 5.0 version). You will have to keep on the path you are already on. Create a new application in ME 5.0, import the graphic files and images, then you will have to manually recreate the tag database, alarms, parameter files, datalog file, and macro files. Rockwell knowledgebase has the following information on recovering the MER http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...hp?p_faqid=8913

At least is there a way to see addresses of the tags?

You will be able to open the graphic displays and view the object properties (ex. push buttons, numerics, etc). In the tag connections you will see the HMI tags that were configured, but it will not show you the controller tag addresses. The HMI tag database lets you define custom tag names (ex. Pump1Temp) for a specific controller address (ex. N7:0). So, when you view your recovered files in Studio you will only be able to see the HMI custom tag name (ex. Pump1Temp). You would need the orginal development project (*.APA) to see the controller tag addresses. Sometimes, the actual controller address was used as the HMI tag address. Ex. HMI Tag is "N7_0" for controller address N7:0