Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest VN_DKTD1K41

Profibus DP with ABB inverter

6 posts in this topic

I am currently making a profibusDP network. A ABB Inverter (ACS550 using PROFIBUS-DP Adapter Module RPBA-01) is slave, is controlled by a PLC S7 300 (CPU 315-2DP). What are SFBs, SFCs, FCs, FBs I can use to communicate in the network?

You can use sfc 14 to read data over the profibus and sfc15 to write data. Remeber that the Laddr adress is entered in hex format. So if you for example is using PIW/PQD 512 to communicate then the laddr should be 200.

Thank Klaus! SFC14, SFC15 are functions that access the I/Os or the process image input table of a DP standard slave. ABB Inverter don't have consistent data so I can't use them to exchange data. Can I use SFC58, SFC59 or FC1, FC2. Who know to use them?

Key-word is ACS550 User manual and for PROFIBUS Adapter Module, Installation and Start-up Guide. For ACS400 only ?? I don't have exp. with ACS550 but ACS400 and NPBA-12 adapter. There have to build sequence for DB-connection 1'st were ware one timer ! After that you can read/write Peripherial words for DB-Node directly without any FC-routine by anybody. Edited by Seppo Alanen

You can use SFC14 and SFC15

SFC 58/59 are for writing/reading data records i.e. configuration data of the module (in DPV1 mode) not for IO data. I'm not sure which FC1/2 you mean but I suppose DP_SEND/DP_RECV. They were needed with older CPs for Profibus DP, and it's not your case.