Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest baden

Omron cpm2a to idec hg1b o/i

2 posts in this topic

Hello I am new to operator interfaces.  I have recently acquired an IDEC HG1B.  I have gotten the pdf users manual for the IDEC HG1B, but cannot find any information to link it to a cpm2a nor a cpm1a.  I have noticed it can link to a cqm1.  My question is what is the difference between a cqm1 and cpm2a, pertaining to software?  Is it that drastically different that I can not use the IDEC O/I with the cpm2a?  Sorry for being so indirect but I am only touching the tip of the ice berg of plcs.  Any books that I can be pointed to that discuss plcs, or computer circuitry and electronics, please point me int eh right direction. Thank you for your time.

The CPM1A and the CQM1 PLCs share a common communication protocol known as Hostlink.  The formal name for this protocol is Sysway.  The IDEC HMI thst you mentioned should work fine with the CPM1A as long as you limit your addressing to the CPM1A memory map.     I would start by thumbing through the archives of this forum and then over at plcs.net