Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest jungler

Citect Animation

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am trying to animate some work pieces moving along the conveyor, but there is no anolog I/O available in the PLC. Is it possible to achieve that without any anolog variables? and if so, how can I do? Anyone can give me some suggestion? Thanks

You use bitmaps, Citect has a bit map editor. The other option is to use Paint Shop Pro or something similar to convert any image file to bitmaps. When setting up the graphic object you select the different images that will then show objects moving along the conveyor when the selected tag is on. There are also other methods such as playing a movie etc.

BobB, Thanks for your reply, but I think my case is a little bit complicated. There are one in-feed sensor, one out-feed sensor and two gates on the conveyor. As soon as the in-feed sensor detects a workpiece, the workpiece will move along the conveyor automatically till it comes to gate1. It checks if there is any workpiece between gate1 and gate2, if not it continues to move and then waits at gate2 to make sure there is no workpiece at the end of the conveyor, then it passes gate2 and keeps moving. Basically, the whole process is like that. From my understanding, the movement of the workpiece depends on an anolog variable. Can I just use bitmaps to achieve that animation? Thanks.

Just use lots of them. After all, movies are just still pictures moving in front of a light, and analog signals are made up of hundreds of digital points.