Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bugger_123

MR-J2S-xA - step,dir signals

10 posts in this topic

Hi, where/how i need connect signals dir and step to servoamplifer MR-J2S-40A? do I need use MR-TB20 connector blocks for this? for signals I want use no Mitsubishi controller - my signal is in TTL level.

Sorry, I just have no time at the moment to help more but first get the manual, such as SH(NA)030006-J and check Signals and Wiring, specially CN1A. This is where drive input signals =are. They can be differential or open collector (24V for sure , not sure about 5V but again, check the manual). Regards, panic mode

Thanks, I check the manual ( I have only ver.C ) but is not specialy clear for me. If I'm right I need use PP/NP points to turn forward and PG/NG points to reverse, but do i need use SON (servo on) also? is no problem use 24Vdc, i can use SSR modules to control 24Vdc by 5Vdc

SON is servo on, which enables servo lock on the motor. Yes you need to wire it up.

OK, I get the servo power ON and Ready to run, but ...not working. now: 1. in CN1B i send 24v signal using internal power supply (VDD and COM connected) to EMG,LSP,LSN and SON - this prepared my servo to run 2. where put pulses signal, the manual show in one place PP-SG and NP-SG in other place PP-PG and NP-NG 3. this signal should be 24V right? just for clear in my aplication i need controll the position by send number of pulses, I do not need eny feedback from the sevomotor, just send them nuber of pulses

get the latest manual: >> Connection diagram check the manual section called "3.2 Internal connection diagram of servo amplifier" (see below). it has an obvious error in value of the resistors connecting to pins 2 and 3 (should be "aprox. 100 Ohm", not "100 kiloOhm") but other than that it is ok. this diagram is type of information you should be looking for when interfacing components (like drive and plc). here what is what i see from it: a) when using 5V signals (TTL), pin-13 is positive and pin-3 is negative (2 and 12 for negative direction). in this case connect pins 13 and 12 to +5V, connect TTL outputs to pins 3 and 2. do NOT use pin 11 unless TTL outputs are 30V tolerant. b) when using 24V signals, pins 13 and 12 cannot be used, instead one must connect pin-11 to +24V. supplied signals are then provided on pins 3 and 2 (NPN). using PNP 24V signals is not possible because both inputs share pin 11 (one could work around this by converting 24V signals to 5V levels, use 13 and 12 as inputs and connect 3 and 2 to 0VDC). >> Configuring inputs (fwd/rev vs. pulse/dir) Check the manual section called "3.3.2 Signal explanation", navigate to page explaining PP, NP, PG and NG. It tells what those signals are but also mentiones " The command pulse tran form can be changed using parameter No. 21" if the servo shaft becomes "stiff" when you enable servo (Servo On) you are ok, otherwise, definitely check the over travel sensors (over travel limit switches must be wired - or configured to be NO type). same goes for emergency stop input.

why i don't see this attachments? ok, i see now. where i can get latest manual, google all the time return ver.C only Edited by bugger_123

ok, it is now also in download section: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=859

thanks again, working perfect with 5V TTL signsls level, thanks for your time and help.

excellent and - you are welcome...