Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poovs

PMCR Comm. Response Codes

6 posts in this topic

I am having some trouble with my PMCR execution... I am familiar with PMCR instructions and have used them many times in the past. I am receiving an error code &517 and cannot find a reference to what this error is. The instructions reference manual W340 pg 933 states to refer to manual W342 for other response codes not listed in this manual (only 4 are listed); but I cannot find anything relative in the given manual (only FINS response codes and C-MODE comms). Can someone enlighten me?

your error code in hex format is 0205. See below from W344-E1-04 manual...

thanks, this is a step in the right direction... PMCR is definitely the comm. mode for the given port; I'll have to dig deeper to try to find out what is causing this response delay... Is the response delay referring to the local SCU, or the remotely connected serial device? I have tested PMCR functionality before without anything physically connected to the SCU ports without problems...

I would check the communications port setup again. The only way I have ever seen this error is when the port is not setup correctly. A timeout would be shown in the Abort Complete bit (1509.10 for SCU0 port 1).

Once I thought I had setup the port correct as well, only to find this less obvious port setting was still on default instead of user.... although all the other settings were correct it didn't use the settings until changed to user settings. Also do a compare or upload of the settings to verify the transfer was successful.

turns out that in a completely unrelated section of ladder where I am communicating with some remote FINS nodes, I was using the automatic Logical Port setting (#0F) instead of stating a specific logical port number. Made perfect sense when I finally discovered the issue!