Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest tjnamtiw

TSX47 Connection Problems

4 posts in this topic

We still have several old, old TSX 47's running in our plant. Until now, we are using an old laptop running Win95 to communicate with them. I installed the software onto a newer laptop running Win98 without a problem; however, I can't get the PLC and laptop to communicate. I get an error message saying that the communications driver failed. Just as in the old laptop, I revert back to Dos when I run the program. During the load, it says that the driver loaded successfully. I compared the information on both laptops and it's the same. Also, when I set up the DOS load properties, I specified the same config.sys and autoexec.bat as on the old computer be loaded. I can unplug the converter from the new computer and put it on the old one and it can access the PLC. Is there anyone out there that has knowledge of this problem? I also disabled the anti-virus program that was running on the new laptop and took it out of the start-up directory in msconfig. One other clue might be that I also cannot connect to my TSX37's with the new laptop. Thanks, Tom

Do you boot up directly in DOS or do you say restart in DOS from the start prompt....problem could lay there...

Sounds like a problem with the Unitelway drivers to me. You have to make sure the Unitelway drivers are installed and running properly. For the old DOS stuff, it's a program that runs in the CONFIG.SYS. For the Windows based PL7 for te TSX37, it's a control panel applet. make sure you configure the Unitelway driver to connect to your serial COM1. You're not using a USB to serial adapter or USB docking station are you? They will not work through those.

Thanks for the replies!! I don't go into DOS from the Start prompt. I go completely out and reboot into DOS. For Chris, how do I know that the Unitelway is running correctly when in DOS? I have the same information in my config.sys as I had in the old laptop that worked. The only difference is that my command.com is in c:\windows rather than c:\dos. Thanks again. Tom