Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
j.brophy@corkillsystems

cp1l pc link unit id setup in logic

4 posts in this topic

Hi there Im wondering if any one can help me im doing a remote i/o using a pc link between several plc's and i want to be able to set the plc as master slave and node number by activating an input or turning the internal pot etc. we use hundreds of plc's a year in backing gates for cow sheds and i wish to put the same program in every plc rather than having 8 different programs to write depending on the node it is in the link obiously saving the hassle of sending it out with the wrong program in it. I can orginise to have an input change to a different part of the program for the node that it would be installed as but i dont know how to set up the serial port other than using the cx software. how do i set the serial port up manually using the logic of the plc?, i guess i have to write values to a certain address space in memory to do this but i dont know how but i guess using the STUP function but the help file is rather limited. i am using the cp1l20a plc using the cif11 module for communications setup up as pc link. if any one could help me that would be great thanks.

Hello Refer to Appendix G of the CP1L Operation Manual . Assemble an 'image' of the settings in D-memory, and as you say, execute a STUP. There's a flag (address escapes me) that indicates the settings have taken. Pp

ok i think i have that sorted now. i have used an input to stup function and move hex values to dm0 to dm0+9 with the corosponding values and have now constructed a program. because there are dupilicated outputs and symbols for the different plc's do outputs that are on have priority over ones that are off? ie: 100.01 has 3 symbols within the program say alarm on slave plc node1, forward on slave plc node 2, and actuator on master plc there will never be 2 outputs on ever as the input selects which part of the program to operate. are the ones that are off/ not used going to cause any problems as there are multiple coils with in the program even tho not used but present in the program?

Using duplicated outputs is not very good practice, as the last output scanned will take precedence. So if in your program, the condition that enabled alarm on node1, is before the condition that enables forward on node2, then the condition for node2 will be the one that determines the state of the output. But, it all depends on how you are selecting the different parts of the program to operate?? . The best method, IMO, is to use an internal coil for each required area, and parallel these in a common outputs section at the end of your program.