Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aarotech

FactoryTalk View Studio

3 posts in this topic

I have asked this qestion once before but still not resolved. Had software and data installed on system that the motherboard failed. Installed FTVS on new system slaved old hard drive in new system. Trying to bring data into FTVS Projects. Used App Manager no luck. Help!!!!!!!!

I would try to create a new project with the same name; then copy the folders from the old hard drive to the new drive replacing the newly created project folders.

You should be able to recover most but not all of the application. - Create a new, empty project. - Set all the options under the System tree to match the old project as best as you can remember - Right click on Displays, choose Export and Import. - Navigate to the .gfx files that are on the slave drive. They should be (if you are running Windows XP) in <slave drive>\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects\<project name>\Gfx - Import them all - Right click on Alarms, choose Export and Import. The alarms file is stored under the M_Alarms folder - Rinse and repeat for Global Objects, Information Messages, Macros, Data Log Models, and Recipes. Only difference is you choose Add Component into Application instead of Import and Export. I believe you have to re-create any HMI tags and communication configuration from scratch.