Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
monkey

RSLogix 500 fails to start with some users

3 posts in this topic

I have a client with a laptop running Windows 2000 and multiple users. RSLogix version 5.0.0 runs fine with most users but 1 particular user cannot start the software (it crashes immediately) I have uninstalled the software and then re-installed as the user who cannot run the program. Still everyone else has no problem while this user cannot run. I have deleted the user profile and started over but that doesn't help either. Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there a registry entry that might not have been cleared when uninstalling the software?

A couple of questions come to mind here...Are all the laptops identical? Does this customer have web access? Run a virus check on his machine first...There may also be some other program interfering with RSlogix. Right click on the programs running in the bottom of the docking pane (next to the the time clock) and close or exit them. DO not close RsLInx though...And then see what happens. You can also just right click in the blank spot of the docking pane and then click open task manger and close running programs that way also. GOod luck!

There is only 1 laptop with multiple users and it can connect to a network but the problem exists on and off the network. There are no other applications running and all non-essential services are stopped before attempting to start RSLogix. The user can run the program if the shortcut is modified to allow the program to be run as a different user. Also if I log in and try to run the application as the other user it crashes just the same. Something is tied to this specific user I just cant figure out what or how.