Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
notricks

CQM1H + Siemens frequency inverter

3 posts in this topic

Hi!! I have a cqm1h with a nt11 controlling a tissue machine. The main speed of the machine is controlled with a ControlTechniques frequency inverter, with a potentiometer (1) connected that is used by the operator to choose the speed. The cqm1 is controlling the pneumatic system, basically. In the NT11 (and the plc, or course), i have (with the help of teh high speed counter) the speed of the cilinders, tissues per minute, etc etc There is also a (small) Siemens frequency inverter that controls a small ac motor that must be tunned according to the speed of the main motor (with a potentiometer (2) ). So, the operator: 1- start machine and choose main speed (1) 2- wait until the machine reach the desired speed (it takes a bit... much inercia) 3- according to the main speed, he must "fine tune" the small motor (2) Well, it's a "2nd hand" machine, and the company received it last week. I was thinking of avoiding the 2nd potentiometer and use and analog output on the PLC connected the the analog input of the small frequency inverter (0...+10V). What do you think about it? Anyone expirienced with same problem? Or should i think in another solution? Like changing the inverter to a Omron inverter and connect it to the PLC by another method? Thanks in advance! Luis Teixeira Portugal

What you are proposing sounds fine to me....ie analogue control.... Did you want the adjustment to be propotional to the speed and for the change to be automatic or was the operator goiing to use the NT11 to adjust the speed ???

Hi Sleepy Wombat, thanks for replying.. Yes, the adjustment is proportional to the speed.