Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ferroresonance

Upgrade SLC 5/05 Firmware

11 posts in this topic

Greetings all! I have a SLC 5/05 OS501 Series C FRN 9. I would like to Update this to Firmware FRN 10. Does anyone know where to get the Control Flash program and a Firmware update FRN 10. Also any documentation on a simple way to do this would be great. I do have the rockwell documentation on how to do this

Normally you purchase firmware upgrades from your local AB dist.

Unless RA has changed things recently Firmware Upgrades for SLC 500 and PLC 5 must be purchased from your local RA distributor. It will come in a kit and have full instructions. THis is one advantage of the Logix 5000 CPU's where the firmware is downloadable {with support contract}.

The part number for an SLC-5/05 firmware upgrade is 1747-DU501. FRN10 and FRN11 are the same Ethernet firmware, but I like the FRN11 support for Modbus master on the serial port. Both are superior to FRN9 with regard to Ethernet.

I installed the FRN 10 on our SLC 5/05 and now I have an issue where the ethernet port becomes disabled every once in a while and I have to reboot the controller. I was told this is a known issue. I was told FRN 11 will fix the problem.

I'm not an SLC firmware author or RA tech support engineer, but I investigated closely the difference between FRN10 and FRN11 recently for a customer with a wireless Ethernet problem that he thinks might be the fault of the controller firmware. I was told that FRN10 and FRN11 use the same firmware in the Ethernet daughtercard. I tend not to believe that "the next firmware will fix the problem" unless the problem is identifiable and has a name or bug tracker number.

I am a bit skeptical myself but this problem didn't appear until after installing FRN10. I wouldn't have even installed FRN10 but I wanted a memory module and had to get my processor up to "spec" for it to take the module. If it is truly a bug, as stated by the Rockwell tech support, than I can only go by what they are telling me. If I had known there was an FRN11 I would have purchased that along with the M13 and not FRN10, I wasn't told by Rockwell there was a more recent upgrade.

1. hi i want  upgrade  firmware in myplc slc500 cpu model 1747-L532 ser D proc.rev 4.this is my cpu model .which firmware version is suitable the model.
  2. plse tell me any body
  3. how to download the firmware and which .com
Edited by pv550

sir i want 1747 os302  series D ,but that .com series c os is available