Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dsc

PL7 Pro Timer Reset

5 posts in this topic

Dear Fellows, Any idea how can i reset off delay timer in PL7 Pro? regards dsc

Reset you mean to set 0 to the preset timer. So I understand that you would like to stop the timer before it reaches the PT value. In that case the EN bit is 0 (off delay timer) just set to 1 the EN bit

Dear aggattapauer, Yes i wan to make the timer to Zero in case of Emergency Stop. But i still not clear with the EN bit. Or i can move 'Zero' value to TM.P of the timer.? Sorry that i dun hav a cpu here with me that i can test it out. Need to modify customer old machine and this is my first time with Modicon PLC. dsc

Now all it's clear!!!!! You have to know that PL7 Pro have several different timer each ones have different commands... There are : %T (derived from PL7-2/3) %TM (default) %MN (monostable) all those objects must be configured in software configuration (and in the variable section predefined FB) but the quantity is limited related to the CPU model. So PL7PRO offer four time delay function EF limited just by the memory capacity. You indicate TM.P so you want to know how to manage the timer %TM. Well! in structured text you have two commands: START %TMxx (to start the timer) DOWN %TMxx (to reset the timer) You have told in another post you are using off delay so TOF timer. In this case should be on the contrary: START to reset and DOWN to start In Ladder is probably easier to understand. In order to reset a TOF you have to generate a rising edge to the variable IN NB. What I told you about EN variable in my last post, is concerning the function of the library FTOF

OK Aggattapauer, It's all clear now, thanks for the info. dsc