Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitsibushiman

Simple AB Micrologix Problem

10 posts in this topic

Hi All I'm hoping for a little help!. This is probably something real simple for all you AB guys. As you can see from my monicker I'm more of a mitsi man!. The problem is thus I am trying to move and integer value (N7:1) into the outputs (Q:0), however I keep getting a adress must be specified to the word level address error!. I've tried all the combinations I can think of to make this work but to no success and i know this should be simple. For thos more familiar with mitsi here is the code in mitsi LD X1 MOV D100 K1Y0 Any help appreciated!

Forget that....Sorted it now! Admin feel free to delete! My brain must be stuck in 1st today! :-p

Not a problem this forum is here to help with questions just like this. Would you mind posting your solution?

Not a problem Bob. There may well be a better way of solving the problem than my solution as I already stated I'm not overly familiar with the AB range or software but I seem to be encountering them a little more these days. Basically I had a word (N7:1), which I then MOVE into B3:10 I then used the individual bits of B3:10 eg B3:10/0 to turn on my Outputs such as O0:0/0 using ladder logic. As i say there may be a better way of doing this and directly adressing the Outputs from the integer but I couldn't get it to work using a MOVE instruction. This may help someone else someday. As a regular mitsi user I must comment on the quality of the documentation available for AB which I feel is excellent in comparison to some of the earlier mitsi documents!. (particularly the old mitsi A series manuals!).

If your rung looks like XIC B3:10/0 OTE O:0/0 why not use XIC N7:1/0 OTE O:0/0? Also you could use MOV N7:1 O:0.0 and eliminate the middle bits B3:10.

Referring only to RSlogix 500 In O:0.1/2 the 0 is the slot the 1 is the word and the 2 is the bit. Because the discreet I/O of the SLC has only one word usually O:0.0/0 and O:0/0 are interchangeable ;but O:0.0 refers to 16 bits not one bit.

If you use the high density 32 point I/O cards then the decimals come into play. An output card in slot 1, would have two words: O:1.0 and O:1.1. Individual bits are addressed: O:1.0/0 or O:1.1/15 You also encounter the double words on ML1000 bricks that have more than 16 inputs. The input image table shows, I:0.0 and I:0.1 Just guessing, but I doubt the ML1000 has 16 outputs, that may be the problem, have you tried using a masked move from N7:0 to O:0.0?

Thanks for all the replies guys, have been back at the job this morning and tidied the prog up with a MWM instruction that works a treat!. I'm a little clearer on how AB adressing works!. Cheers All

Glad we could help and hopefully this helps othrs as well.