Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wizard

Parallel Link and multiple HMIs on FX3U

4 posts in this topic

As the topic says, I have to buils an automation system which will use 2 x FX3U connected in parallel link. Also, the system requires 2 HMIs on each PLC. Before starting the project, I want to be sure that is configured correctly. Therefore for parallel link I will use FX3U-485-BD and for the 2 HMIs - FX3U-485ADP-MB. The HMIs are from DELTA ELECTRONICS. Is the configuration right? Please advise.

You can only use a total of 2 comm cards on the left hand (you can have 1 BD + 1 ADP, or 2 ADPs). Are you planning on putting 2 HMI panels on 1 ADP card (on each PLC), or are you planning on 1 HMI on PLC Prog Port and 1 HMI on ADP card?If possible in the HMI, I would recommend Ethernet (FX3U-ENET) between HMI and PLC. Then you can connect almost as many HMI's as you want to one or more PLC's, and you can also cross-connect HMI's to PLCs.....

thanks kaare_t. Both possiblities to connect the HMIs to the PLC are OK (2 on ADP or 1 on AD and 1 on PLC prog port). Any recommendation on this? The Ethernet solution is more expensive and I only need 2 HMIs. The DELTA ELECTRONICS HMIs do not support Ethernet anyway.

I would recommend to use HMI 1 = ADP HMI 2 = PLC prog port By doing this, you can connect the HMIs/PLCs as normal, and you can choose the protocols/communication setup's as you would normally do it.