Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest fed007

DF1 file open -Error code

1 post in this topic

Hello y'all PLC experts! here should be an easy question for someone to answer...I have a Micrologix 1200 and I am writing a web interface for. (writing Java DF1 driver) I am sending the Micro an embedded DF1 (PCCC) command through Ethernet. (I have a NET-ENI). This is working. I am able to send echos, diagnostics request, and likely other DF1 commands however I am on the task of reading the status of the inputs. I am having a problem with the Open File command, (only CMD byte and bytes after are req for EIP/PCCC), I am a bit confused about the protection bit, I have not set protection on any files explicitly. Does AB protect files from DF1 read by default? at any rate here is what I am doing... my command: 0F 00 FC 26 81 01 01 00 49 translates: (Command 0F)(STS 00)(TNS FC 26)(Function 81)(Protection "Read" 01)(File Number 01 00)(File Type 'I') remember it's little endian... I am targeting the Data File I1 So my DF1 Response is as such... my response: 4F F0 FC 26 0B translates (4F ignored) (STS F0)(TNS FC 26)(EXT STS 0B) soooo what does that tell me? if I trace it in the DF1 manual it says STS=F0 means look at the EXT byte, and that tells me 0B=Access Denied/Privilege Violation I won't ask why the STS EXT byte reflects an error code in a DH-485 table but rather am I making the proper request to open the input file? thanks in advance to anyone who can help! Once I can open the input file I expect I can use the protected read to get my data. fed007 Edited by fed007