Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arjan

CX-One update frustrations

7 posts in this topic

As the title implies, the update feature doesn't work. I've registered through the Omron website, and can login with my email address. It will show my CX-One in the list of registered software with all the proper info. When I want to update and I enter my email address, it replies with an authentication failure. Major problem, I need to get a NS15 out the door and CX Designer only goes up to the NS12 HMI right now. For the life of me, I don't know why a simple update has to set me back so much time and frustration. I dual boot my laptop with XP & Vista, and now have CX-One installed on both partitions. The update won't work from either.

Talked to Omron and they said it can take up to 3 days for the registration to make it to the update servers!!??!! Very impressive for an automation company imo. We'll see in a couple of days.

Also, make sure you enter the e-mail address exactly as registered, caps sensitive! Region code should have a leading 0 in front (02 for Europe e.g.) and license number should be entered 16 characters without any dashes, spaces etc.

I noticed last night that the Europeans seem to have a different registration system then we do in North America. I have to select the region from a drop down box when I give the information. I can login into the software registration website and copied and pasted the email address from there. The silly things you try when it is late in the evening and you've tried everything else it seems. The license number I can only enter without dashes, it gives me 4 boxes to enter the 4x 4 numbers.

The latest upgrade does include support for the NS15. The original CX One Upgrade Utility uses Microsoft installer for downloading the upgrade. Omron has also released an upgrade utility which doesn't useMicrosoft Installer. I suggest use you use it to download the file and then install it offline. Here is the utility: CXOneUpgradeSetup.zip

Omron Tech Support got me a disc with all the updates on it for now. I am good to go. I'll post if and when my update starts working, it might help someone else wondering the same thing in the future. I appreciate the offers to help me out a lot. This is a great forum for the automation field, that's for sure. Hope I can return the favour to other people some times. Arjan

Well Jay, thanks for the link to CXOneUpgradeSetup.zip. My hd became irratic recently (got all my stuff off) and I reinstalled windows on a new hd. Installed CX One, did the registration from scratch, all went fine and update came up with an error again. Started searching here and came across this thread. I had forgotten about it, but it saved the day again. Thanks once again. Edited by Arjan