Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eziccc

OPC+Q01(QJ71C24N)

6 posts in this topic

Hi all! So, I want to start Lectus Modbus OPC and DDE server on Windows XP (SP2) PC and read some digital/word variables from Q01 CPU through QJ71C24N module . And the QJ71C24N module supports: MC protocol, non procedure protocol, bidirectional protocol etc. but not Modbus RTU or Modbus ASCII prtocol. How can I connect them? Maybe there's any other OPC-server whitch supports connections with QJ71C24N? Thanks.

You should consider an OPC server with Mitsubishi drivers, not Modbus. Mitsubishi offers MX OPC Server, and Kepware offers Kepserver EX with drivers for Mitsubishi serial and Ethernet.

But where can I download MX OPC? And what is Kepware?? Thanks.

Kepware is a OPC Server company. Check out www.kepware.com. They make a mitsubishi suite which includes both serial and ethernet drivers. I have done a lot of OPC with Mitus PLCs and find kepware to be vastly superior to Mitsu MX OPC. In all cases you are going to be talking one of the Mitsu protocols. Be careful about how you stack you data if you need comm to be efficient. Get everything packed together in memory as tight as possible so you can read big blocks at a time. Also, if possible move you bit devices into words - again much more efficient.

Do you talk about KEPServerEX OPC Server??

Correct - if you download the demo and all drivers - you will see a Mitsubishi suite. It has a special driver set for serial connections.