Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
botty1006

HELP! I need to upload the Memory

6 posts in this topic

Help please. I have just replaced a CQM1H Cpu as the comm port was faulty. now i have installed it i can;t get my machine to run as there a hundreds of values pre-written into all the data registers and trying to work them all out is a nightmare. I have been informed that i can upload all these values from the old processor and download them but can;t find out how, i am using cx programmer and double clicked on the memory icon and found kind of needed i can uploaded the values but it will only lwt me download the dm words and even then they don;t actually change, as when i do a compare it always flags up different?????? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello. I have no experience uploading the memory from the CPU and downloading it again. But you can do the same by a diffrent way: If you know exatelly what is the addresses of the DM and HR and another king of non volatil memory areas you intend to upload from the old CPU to the new one you can do it by the way I will explain in the following lines. If you don't know all the memory areas, you can check what the non volatil addresses are beeing used in the program. Please do the following steps: 1. Make a note of that adresses: 2. Power supply the old CPU and connect your PC online 3. See the following picture: 4. Please open the Togle watch window (Red circle) 5. The Toggle watch window will appear. Make the monitorization in Decimal (Orange circle) 6. Write the addresses of non volatil memory areas wich value you intend to copy to the new CPU (Blue circle) 7. The value in that addresses will appear on the value column in decimal (Green circle). Please make a note of that values. 8. Power supply your new CPU and connect your PC online again 9. Open again the toggle watch window (Red circle) 10. The Toggle watch window will appear. Make sure the morization are still in Decimal (Orange circle) 11. Write the addresses of non volatil memory areas wich value you have maked a note (Blue circle) 12. Double-click on the value coloumn (Green circle). A pop-up window will apperar with an option to write a new value. (Certify yourself if there is on that window an option to set the new value in decimal - I'm not sure if it needed or not). Enter the values you have made a note. 12. Certify yourself that the program is running properly. If it is not everything ok, you can perhaps have forgotten to make a note of any non volatil memory adrees. If you have a lot of adresses to copy from the old CPU to the new one, it will take a several time to make this procedure, but this is an efficient way to do what you intend. Hope it can help. After doing it, please let me know if you succeed. I hope this can help.

thanks for your help, i'm going back in for another go first thing in the morning so i'll give a go, and let you know how i get on! thanks again

If you are using CX-One V3 with CX Programmer 8.0 or above there is a new utility that backsup ALL memory areas of the PLC. Once backed up you can download ALL memory areas to a new PLC. Not sure if this works for a CQM1H. Utility is found in MYPROGRAMS/CXONE/CXPROGRAMMER. Let us know if this works for your processor!!

Unfortunately the backup tool is only for CS1, CJ1, CJ2, CP1H, CP1L, and NSJ. BITS N BYTES is correct, this is a great tool. So, here is what you do. Reconnect to your original PLC with CX Programmer. In CX Programmer, open the Memory window (in the tree on the left). Double click on the DM area to open it, then double click on the HR area to open it as well. Click on the Online / Transfer From PLC menus. Select both the DM and HR areas, and select 'all' for the transfer range. When the upload is complete, go offline with CX Programmer (leaving the memory window open). Swap PLC CPUs. Go online with the new PLC. Put the PLC in program mode. In the memory window, click the Online / Transfer To PLC menus. Select both DM and HR, and select 'all' for the transfer range, then click 'Transfer to PLC'. If any dialog boxes pop up, click on yes or OK. This will restore all the non-volitile memory areas in the CQM1 PLC. Edited by PMCR

Thanks alot for your all help, got it all sorted this morning, it was switching the plc into programming mode that i'd forgotten. Just a note i did have to cycle the power after downloading the memory, Thanks again