Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

Citect Cicode/functions

3 posts in this topic

Hi Im fairly new to using Citect and have just got used to the basics. I now want to play around with the additional features that functions and cicode can offer but am not sure of how to get started. For example, if i want one of my objects to be hidden when i hover the mouse over the object, where do i start? do you just trawl through the functions? some of them dont have much explination. If i could execute one function such as the one ive just mentioned i reckon it would open a tin of worms. justin

Have a look at the example and CSV projects included with the Citect installation. It contains tons of Cicode (look in the project folder for *.ci files). For the mouse over function there is a dedicated CSV function but the name just slipped my mind. Something like CSV_Mouse...(AN), you just fill in the AN of the object and it returns true if the mouse is over it. Used it lots of times to create cool effects like colouring button text or changing frames to have a button "pop out". You should be able to find it in the help as well.

Take a look at DspGetMouse, DspGetMouseOver and CSV_Misc_MouseOver you should be able to do everyting you need to with those 3 functions