Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JeffKiper

Essential Components Books

7 posts in this topic

I was looking at the 08~09 Essential Components book and just wanted to know if anybody has a Automation Catalog? I would like to see a book with more PLC , HMI ,& Drives as a besk reference. Something geared more for the automation geeks like us (or maybe it's just me). Anybody have this something like this if so could you post the Pub. # off it?

Are you saying there is one? I've never seen it. If I were to call my salesperson he would come back with 10 different catalogs...

As far as I know catalogs from this page: http://www.ab.com/catalogs/ are available as printed publications from your local distibutor or AB office. I can't speak for all catalogs, but I got Safety, Industial and Connectivity catalogs few months ago. So talk to your local office. Edited by Contr_Conn

There is absolutely an Essential Components catalog. I use mine all the time. Its a small catalog, about 5 inches by 8 inches. Super handy. I can't quite recall how I requested my last one, but I just got one in the mail, within this last week, direct from the boys at Rockwell. But your Rockwell salesman should be able for sure to get one. My salesman sucks, so I had to go direct to Rockwell. Good luck, and get one of those catalogs, they are great.

I have an old copy of the Automation Catalog which generally covered the majority of the product line, but doesn't cover everything. It was the closest thing to a "full line" catalog but as far as I know it doesn't exist anymore. The Essentials catalog is a lot smaller and more terse but covers areas that the original Automation Catalog doesn't cover. The biggest thing missing from it is that the starter section is pretty weak.

I broke down and called my sales rep and told him I needed books. He is goingto bring me 3 copies ( work, home, & my shop) Way overkill I know but where you need this info , you just need it.