Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markysparky

rs500

10 posts in this topic

hi guys i have a bit of a program problem with a m/c we use with 10 slots that make sheet plates these then get pulled into a holding cage of 10 slotsthey are removed from these slots one at a time and sometimes at random by using a slector switch and at level cam switch.the cam is attatched to a hiost /lifter device set at 90degrees to the plates so the plates get pulled in front of the hoist.we want to do this automatically so they get taken out in sequence but if need be out of sequence too.at the moment we have 10 limit switches that make when theres a plate present and the cam switch but when slot one has been emptied we want the cam to ignore slot one and go to two,three four etc ignoring the previous slot? this isnt happening it stops at one all the time on the cam any help would be great thanks in advance

If you could post your program, or at least the portion causing you issues. That way we do not have to play 20 questions.

i'll try ken but i'm new to all this stuff but i'll give it a go tomorrow when i get to work thanks for looking mate

i hope ive done this right ken it's the first time ive attached somthing on this site hope this helps cheersplate_machine.bmp UNTITLED_BAK000.RSS plate_machine.bmp

I haven't had the time to look at the program yet but let me compliment you on your drawing. That makes everything clear. Good Job.

Unless I am mistaken your level 2 flag bit B3:2 is turning true when you are on the first level. Seeing the drawing and reading how you descrived this machine in your first post IMHO you're going to need much more complicated code to get the feature you desire.

Have to agree with Bob, you are going to need much more code. I'm sure there are other things going on, but I would recommend you set up a state machine, one state per location. I would use an integer to track the current state. Then index the state number, your selector switch could be used to "force" a certain state. With a state machine, when the state number is 1, you will remove the sheet from location 1 if the limit is made, and remain in state one until something ends the state.

Some food for thought. Based on your drawing the at level cam switch will make at each and every level if you force the up output on. I pray you ahve an up overtravel limit and hard stop. to reach a given level you will either have to count activations of the cam switch or use additional limits in a binary pattern Four would be plenty for the 10 levels you have. If I were doing this I roll my own elevator sequencer and my own horizontal remove sequencer. Then tie them together with some supervisory logic.

just to confirm we do have an overtravel limit and a cage empty photocell there is also a safety cut out but going back to your counting activations we had a think about that and weve amended the original program i've attached the new program for yous to check out or improve on it maybe make simpler cheers ladsPLATE_MACHINE.RSS

Here is something simple to use for a pull logic. Lets say these will be your requests. It has been along day and I am at a different laptop but here is something to work with. I have used it for multiple welding gun applications which allows any gun to weld at any one time. This will allow any slot to be picked at anyone time. -N.O. b3:11/1---------------------------------add 1 n7:10 n7:10 -N.O. b3:10/0---------------------------------ote b3:11/1 -N.O. b3:10/1--| -N.O. b3:10/2--| etc.... -lim 11 n7:10 0-------------------------------mov 1 n7:10 -equ n7:10 1-----N.O.your bit---------------ote b3:10/0 goto & pick slot 1 -equ n7:10 2-----N.O.your bit---------------ote b3:10/1 goto & pick slot 2 etc.... Now all you have to do is add another condition to the GOTO & PICK SLOT X output, How ever you are calling it up the slots now just add that N.O. If you don't want to pick then don't turn on your N.O. and the add function will keep on adding/looping, and not stop. Use the OTE and a one-shot to goto your ouput for that slot to be picked(your program). This is just to get you started or show you another door to look in. Like I said it has been a long day so work with it. I can write it out tomorrow but that might be to late, try it and massage it. Edited by CoolBreeze