Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest liquid_ice

Diagnostic with Siemens S7-300

3 posts in this topic

Heey everyone, I am working whit a Siemens S7-300 and an OP7. What i want to create is that the Siemens S7-300 does a sort of Diagnostic. In the diagnostic it looks what hardware is has (Digital/analog input, Digital/analog output e.g.). The recieved data from the dignostig must be displayed on the OP7. I know already how to use an OP7, so if i have diagnostig info, i can let it be displayed. I also know that this Siemens manual explanes that SFC51 and 52 are for reading and writing diagnostics. The biggest question i have at this time is: HOW do i get the info out of FSC51? (it seems to have something to do with SSL or SZL, but how or what... i don't know) maybe am i searching in a totaly wrong way, if someone has a different idea, please tell it also.

If all you want to do is display the S7 diagnostic buffer, you can configure any of the keys on the OP to display it. Just select the "Select Function Screen" as the function for the button, then use "Display S7 diagnostics buffer" as the parameter. ProTool doesn't restrict this configuration, but, unfortunately I don't have an OP handy to test it.

You have to call SFC51 with SSL-ID W#16#00B2 for each possible rack and module combination (look at parameter INDEX of SFC51 with this SSL-ID) and process returned data records to gather info for all modules.