Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
botty1006

cqm1 - e5cn query

10 posts in this topic

hi i am quite new to omron and cx and a have a couple of querys i have a cqm1h-cpu51 plc connected to a nt31 hmi in a machine which has 8 x e5cn temp controllers, does anyone know if it is possible to connect these to the plc????, the aim is to be able to have all the temperature's saved for each product, so we can just select a product from the hmi and load all data to the e5cn. i also need to be able to read back from the e5cn so if a temperature is changed, it is saved to the product recipe. also i have another query regarding cx-programmer, i have uploaded a program and all the data is displayed as comments, so i cannot read the bits and words in the ladder without selecting them, as it is written in french this makes it quite difficult to read through the prog, is there a way i can turn this off???? thanks in advance any help is greatly appreciated. Tim

sorry i forgot to ask, would it be easier/possible to remove the e5cn controllers and use a t/c input card and control my temps through the plc??? if so any information or links to manuals would be greatly apprieciated. Tim

1. E5CN is must have comms capability, secondly, then you can use a protocol macro to talk fins to the E5CN temp controllers (I think that the cqm1h cou 51 can support protocol macro - but i can;t remember if you need to have a seperate card) 2. Yes you can turn off the comments under tools - options

also, you need to have E53-CN03N rs485 communication card for e5cn. then you can communicate using some scu module for cqm1h (can't remember the name).

excellent thanks alot, i have 1 last problem in that the comm to the e5cn is rs485 and the 485 on my comm board is already occupied, so i only have a rs232 availible, i've heard there is a convertor avalible but i am worried that this will make the programming more complex, any with any experience of this????? or am i just worrying over nothing?

rs232 to rs485/422 convertors are common place and will not alter the proramming except for the port specifer in the pmcro instruction, ie tell the comm's to come out of the rs232 port (1 or 2)

Think about eliminating the E5CN's and do the logic in the CQM. This way you can put some security on the setpoints. I found that too much operator control can sometimes lead to big problems. I also feel the it will make recipe building easier.

The E5CN does have a key protect function doesn't it... A number of machine operators have the fiddle factor... the funniest I saw was where a "speed" pot was on the panel, the operator would adjust it (not knowing it was not connected at all) .

thanks for all your help. i'll see how it goes, gonna leave the e5cn's in as there handy for us during diagnostics and i don;t really wanna have to be changes pages on the hmi every time i wanna look.!