Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

problem interfacing fx3u with fx3u-4da-adp

10 posts in this topic

GX.bmphello ive sucessfully connected and interfacing my fx3u-28mr/es with an fx2n-16ex-es/ul and a fx2n-8ad both connected to the left of the fx3u and the 8ad powered by the 24 and 0 vdc terminals from the fx3u. im now trying to interface with a fx3u-4da-adp connected to the left of the fx3u via an fx3u-232-bd. the adp unit is also powered by the 24 and 0 vdc terminals from the fx3u main unit. ive followed the wiring diagram and example program in the programming manual (see attached) but im getting a channel 1 output data setting error in register d8268. is there anything that im missing out or am obviously doing wrong?

I always power extention units from a seperate 24vdc supply The service supply on FX's is very small and often not powerful enough to run everything - maybe thats the problem

If you haven't connected anything else (than the fx2n-16ex-es/ul, fx2n-8ad, fx3u-232-bd and fx3u-4da-adp) you should be OK regarding power supply, but you don't have much left! I always use an external power supply. Have you connected the output wiring of the DA? If so, try to disconnect the output wiring and see if you still have an error.

im just connecting the output as a 4-20 mA trough my multi meter. Ill try using a dedicated power supply on monday to see if it makes a difference but ive also tried disconnecting the analogue input card and increasing the value out to the d to a card so that its the only card drawing power from the fx3u... ill have a play around on monday but thanks for the input.

Didn't you set up channel 1 to be a voltage output?Do you still have the error when you disconnect everything (except the power supply) on the DA-ADP?

the error comes and goes, i think i know what its about now. i was repeating the analogue input register value out to the analogue output card and the resolution of the input was 8000, the resolution of the output was 4000, i think the error only occured when the value out to the card went over 4000. i still wasnt getting a 4-20 mA signal out tho. ill take another look at it on monday. ps i know i posted the example from the manual showing channel 1 as a voltage output but i configured it for a current output. Edited by justwhy2003

Well, not to be rude but you could at least take a quick look in the manual before posting "strange" behavior! Here's a snap-shot of the error section in the FX3U/FX3UC "User's manual [Analog Control Edition]" Manual No: JY997D16701 Manual_DA_ADP_Error.bmp

Also not to be rude but it would be nice to post attachments in compressed format (JPG or whatever). i would much rather have do download 50-100kb instead of few megabytes.

i had looked in the manual but connection error is still a bit vague and so i was still a bit in the dark. It turns out that my meter i was using to read the 4-20 mA out wasnt working propery, no comments about a bad work man blaming his tools please. i used another meter and the output is now displayed as it should be. Thanks for the input tho. justin Edited by justwhy2003